If you like Jalapeño Turkey Burgers, you’ll LOVE Jalapeno Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers. Just imagine that rich and creamy, slightly spicy cheese added to the heat of the peppers — all in a delicious burger!
Rich savory, spicy flavors, melting cheese, the char from the grill . . . . the combination of ingredients in these burgers is so incredibly delicious.
Whether you’re having a summer barbecue on the weekend, or a weeknight family dinner — everyone will thank you when you make Grilled Jalapeño Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you want less heat, use regular jack cheese and go easy on the jalapeños. And of course, if you want more heat, use more.
- If you’re serving anyone gluten-free, you can use big Butter lettuce leaves to wrap their burgers.
- I recommend grilling because I love the smoky flavor that’s added from the char. However, you could just as easily sauté them in a cast iron skillet. Either way, the flavor combination will still knock your socks off.
What to Serve with Them
And I always love an ice cream dessert after a burger. Don’t you?
This Coffee Mud Pie would be absolutely fantastic with them.
Enjoy every single bite of your super delicious Jalapeño Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers. I hope you love them as much as I do!
More amazing burger recipes:
- Grilled Mediterranean Burgers
- Crispy Red Quinoa Burgers
- Spicy Salmon Basil Burgers
- Spicy Grilled Sriracha Burgers with Crispy Shallots
- Bacon and Kimchi Burgers
Grilled Jalapeño Pepper Jack Turkey Burger Recipe
- olive oil for the pan and grilling
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, finely chopped (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- Coat the bottom of a medium-large sauté pan with the oil and place it over medium heat.
- Add the onion, jalapeños, and garlic and sauté until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the onion mixture has cooled, in a large mixing bowl, combine it with the turkey, cheese, salt, sugar, cumin and pepper. Use your hands to blend all of the ingredients together so they are evenly distributed.
- Preheat the BBQ or a stove-top grill, shape the turkey mixture into 4 evenly sized burgers, and drizzle them with oil.
- When the grill is very hot, put on your burgers. You should hear a sizzling sound — if you don’t -- wait! You won’t get a nice caramelization and “crust” on the burger if it’s not hot enough. Grill until the bottoms are nicely marked, about 3 minutes, then flip them over and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue grilling just until the turkey is cooked through, about another 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked burgers on a plate and cover with foil.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.