Gai Lan Recipe with Garlic and Coconut is packed with nutrients. It’s pretty, bright and beautiful. Sautéed Gai Lan is super easy and quick to prepare, and a nice switch from kale or spinach.
About Gai Lan
- Gai Lan is Chinese Kale that is in the cabbage family — and it’s commonly called Chinese Broccoli.
- The flavor reflects those names perfectly — slightly bitter like kale and slightly sweet like broccoli.
- Gai Lan is most commonly eaten raw, steamed or sautéed.
I served this healthy, green leafy, delicious side dish with my Thai Inspired Mahi Mahi, and it was amazing.
It cooks as quickly and as easily as spinach — almost as soon as it hits the sauté pan, it begins to wilt.
And it shines in this Gai Lan Egg Soup.
More Gai Lan Recipes:
- Miso Gai Lan Egg Soup
- Creamy Miso Noodle Gai Lan Soup
- Walnut Sesame Gai Lan
- Gai Lan and Oyster Sauce
What to Serve with it:
- Spicy Garlic Ginger Grilled Flank Steak
- Grilled Rib Eye Steak Marinated in Asian Spices and Korean Pear
- Oh, and it would be super delicious to add a bundle to a Spicy Sriracha Salmon Basil Burger.
Enjoy every last bite!
This is not a sponsored post, and as always I only write about things I love.
Gai Lan Recipe with Garlic and Coconut
- Coat the bottom of a medium-sized sauté pan with grapeseed oil and place it over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and lemongrass and sauté until it's very aromatic and has softened a bit, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the Gai Lan. Cook, stirring from time to time, until it's completely wilted and the bottom of the pan is becoming dry, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir, and gently cook until it has almost completely absorbed into the Gai Lan, about 2 minutes.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
- Sprinkle with Togarashi if desired.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.