Inspiration for Pickled Tomato-Pulled Pork Tacos
When I make my Perfect Spiced Pulled Pork, I always make a huge batch so I have it on hand for a few different delicious recipes.
I’m always inspired to make tacos when it’s around.
And this recipe for Pickled Tomato-Pulled Pork Tacos is one of my favorites. My family practically cheers when they hear it’s making its way to the table for dinner.
You can see why I make a lot at once, right?
How to Make Pulled Pork
You can find everything you need to know about making pulled pork here, including what it is, the best cut of pork for it, exactly how to cook it, making a brine, adding a rub, how to “pull” it apart, and so on.
I love taco night for friends and family because everyone can add whatever they want to theirs. I just put out all of the ingredients and let them have at it.
And instead of just chopping tomatoes, I love making Pickled Tomatoes for tacos. They add a tangy flavor, which in this case is lovely with the somewhat spicy pulled pork.
Here’s an idea, let’s make the pulled pork and pickled tomatoes over the weekend, and then have the Pickled Tomato-Pulled Pork Tacos during the week. Taco night, can be any night you know.
Everyone will absolutely love these Pickled Tomato-Pulled Pork Tacos. Promise!
More taco recipes you’ll love . . .
- Blood Orange Halibut Ceviche Tacos
- Pepper Jack Turkey Pickled Onion Lettuce Tacos
- Pan-Fried Catfish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Pickled Tomato-Pulled Pork Tacos
- olive oil for the pan
- 2 dozen small corn tortillas
- about 2½ cups Pickled Tomatoes (click here for the recipe)
- 2 bunches cilantro, washed and dried
- 2 medium-large avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 recipe Perfect Spiced Pulled Pork (click here for the recipe)
- Very lightly coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with the oil and place it over medium-high heat. Add as many of the tortillas as you can fit. Sauté each side for a minute or so, until they are crisp. Use kitchen tongs or a fork to fold each one in half. Repeat until all of the tortillas are done.