Lemon Cucumber recipes are always delicious and refreshing. This Lemon Cucumber Tomato Salad is a beautiful light lunch, side dish and great to bring to a party for a crowd.
Inspiration for this Lemon Cucumber Recipe
For months I’ve been thinking about a beautiful salad that my friend Greg of SippitySup made. I was quite taken by his use of lemon slices as a main ingredient. I think this is brilliant.
Inspired by Greg’s salad, I created this super tasty recipe, which is very different, but delicious and so pretty!
What’s in Lemon Cucumber Tomato Salad?
- fresh dill
- fresh chives
- seasoned rice vinegar
You’ll note that my salad contains lemons and cucumbers — not to be confused with Lemon Cucumbers.
When to Serve it
- This is a lovely vegetarian side salad for dinner and a fantastic light lunch.
- I love Lemon Cucumber Tomato Salad for a picnic. It won’t wilt since there’s no lettuce.
- It’s also a great recipe to make for a potluck.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you’d like to turn this into a heartier main course salad, add a protein — like chicken or tuna.
- Use fresh basil if you don’t have or don’t want to use dill.
More Lemon Cucumber Recipes:
Lemon Cucumber recipes are always delicious and refreshing. This Lemon Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe is a beautiful light lunch, side and great to bring to a party for a crowd.
Serves 2 as an entrée and 4 as a side.
- 2 medium-large lemons, cut into Supremes (click here for How to Cut Citrus Supremes)
- 2 cups tomatoes, washed and dried, seeded,cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, sliced into rounds and then into fourths
- ¼ cup fresh chives washed and dried, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, washed and dried, finely chopped
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, lemon zest and vinegar. Set aside.
When you cut your lemons (here's how), be sure to save all of the scraps to squeeze juice from, over the salad later.
Combine the lemon Supremes, tomatoes, cucumber, chives and dill into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Gently drizzle the yogurt dressing over it, along with any excess lemon juice to taste.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.