Reese's Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are as dreamy as they sound! With a peanut butter center, they're gluten-free, rich, chocolaty, creamy and crispy! Great for dessert or a snack, they're a huge win with kids and adults alike. What's better than a Rice Krispie Treat?
A chocolate Rice Krispie treat!
And what's better than a chocolate Rice Krispie Treat?
A Reese's Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat!
These treats are insanely good. No, really . . . insanely good!
Celebrate Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- I'm telling you, if you show up to a party with this dessert, you will be a star!
- Each one is just a few bites, and in each bite, you'll get a nibble of the chocolaty rice krispies and the rich and creamy filling of the Reese's peanut butter cup.
- They're creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and chocolaty and peanut buttery all over!
- The process of making these is quite fun, to boot.
How to Make and Assemble the Treats
- Melt the butter with the marshmallows.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and blend.
- Add the cereal, and stir to coat completely.
- Let the cereal mixture cool only until you can touch it.
- After making the scrumptious rice krispie treat concoction, press the mixture into a "cup" shape in a mini muffin pan.
- Then place the oh so delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Miniatures, inside each of the rice krispie treat "cups." (They will fit perfectly! Do not confuse these with the "Minis," which will be too tiny.)
- Top them with more of the chocolate rice krispie treat mixture . . .
- Use a flat-bottomed, metal spatula to press the top of each peanut butter cup and krispie treat down firmly so that the surface is totally even.
- Next, sprinkle semisweet chocolate chips on top. Those delicious morsels will melt perfectly during a brief stint in the oven. An that pretty much sums it up.
I really hope you try these amazing Krispie Treats so you too can experience their deliciousness!
Here are a few more delectable twists on rice krispie treats.
More chocolate-peanut butter goodness:
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two mini muffin pans (1 dozen each) with the 2 teaspoons of butter, and unwrap the peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter with the marshmallows. Stir in the cocoa powder and blend. Turn off the heat, add the cereal, and stir to coat completely.
- Let the cereal mixture cool only until you can touch it. It has to be somewhat warm to form the treats. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin pans, adding some into each muffin "cup" -- just enough to form a layer on the bottom and sides. (There will be a bit left over, which you'll use later.)
- Place a peanut butter cup into each cereal "shell" you've made.
- Then use a flat-bottomed, metal spatula to firmly press down on each one -- this will ensure the peanut butter cup fills all the tiny crevices. Evenly divide the last of the krispie treat mixture on top of the peanut butter cups.and then press down again with the spatula.
- Now evenly divide the chocolate chips on top of each treat. Pop in the preheated 350°F oven just long enough to melt the chocolate chips, about 2 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, use a small, flat spreading knife to smooth the melted chocolate to coat the surface of each treat.
- Let set at room temperature for at least an hour before serving. (To firm the top up more quickly, place in the refrigerator for about ten minutes.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.