This Triple Chocolate Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe creates a crisp, sweet and super chocolatey cookie. They will dip perfectly into your morning and/or afternoon coffee.
I was getting ready to make espresso biscotti, that I’d been imagining I’d be dunking in my coffee, when my son walked into the kitchen and asked me three questions in a row, without pause and full of excitement . . .
“What are you baking? Gluten-free, right? Lots of chocolate, right?”
(In case you missed it, my oldest son has Celiac Disease and is therefore gluten-free.)So like any good mom would, I silently let my gluten-full espresso-filled cookie plan go, and said, “I’m baking cookies, of course gluten-free, and they’ll be packed with chocolate!”
And in that moment this Triple Chocolate Gluten-Free Biscotti recipe was born.
What’s in this Chocolaty Gluten-Free Biscotti?
- gluten-free all purpose flour
- xanthan gum, baking powder and salt
- cocoa powder
- almond meal
- semisweet chocolate
Yes, there really is not butter in this recipe. 🙂
Four main steps to making this Gluten-Free Chocolate Biscotti recipe:
- Make the dough.
- Bake the dough in one large, relatively flat piece.
- Slice the baked dough.
- Bake the dough, now sliced, for a second time.
And then there’s drizzling them with more chocolate, so actually that makes five.I am so happy this recipe took a gluten-free turn. I think I’ll be making this gluten-free biscotti recipe often.
Not only did my son love it, but everyone else did too!
While I must admit, I’m still craving an espresso biscotti, I’m so happy to have had this change of course because this Triple Chocolate Gluten-Free Biscotti recipe is delectable!
And hey, they got dipped into my coffee.
A few more chocolate gluten-free desserts:
- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Kahlúa Decadence Cake
Triple Chocolate Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and adjust a rack to the center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, gently whisk the eggs to blend them. Mix in the sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix just until everything is evenly incorporated, and then fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into one large rectangle, about 1-inch high and 4-inches wide.
- Bake in the preheated oven until it looks dry, about 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool a bit on the baking sheet, and then turn the oven down to 275°F.
- Lift the parchment off the baking sheet and use a serrated bread knife to cut the biscotti into slices horizontally, about 1-inch thick.
- Line the baking sheet with a new sheet of parchment paper and place each cookie on top.
- Return the baking sheet to the now 275°F oven and bake until the biscotti are very dry and becoming golden, about 20 minutes per side. (They can easily be flipped over halfway through the cooking time with a small off-set spatula.)
- Let them cool on the baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate in a microwave or in a double boiler on the stove-top.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the biscotti. Let the chocolate set at room temperature, about 45 minutes. (To speed this up, you can quickly refrigerate them on the baking sheet.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.