Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Strips are succulent, gluten-free and are served with Honey-Lime Crema — a refreshing, zesty sauce. This will always draw a crowd!Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Strips are a fantastic gluten-free lunch or dinner. They’re loved by kids and adults alike.
Kids sure do love chicken strips — or, as they often call them, chicken fingers.
This recipe is loved by all because of the added spices and the use of tortilla chips. It’s more interesting and more flavorful than typical chicken strips.
What’s in This Recipe?
- chicken breasts
- tortilla chips
- chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
- olive oil
Whether you’re getting dressed for the day, deciding how to express your political views in a group, or writing about food, it will always be easier to just be yourself!
Everyone else is taken, anyway. 😉
And, perhaps more importantly, this chicken is outstanding and I urge you to try it for dinner. Tonight!
How to Make Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Strips
These are so easy, that they might just become you’re go-to chicken recipe.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and then press them into a mixture of crushed tortilla chips and delicious spices.
- Drizzle tortilla chip crusted chicken with a little olive oil and bake in the oven.
What’s in the Sauce?
Honey-Lime Crema is the perfect accompaniment to the chicken. It’s also super easy as all you have to do is mix all of the ingredients together.
- Crema Mexicana
- salt, pepper, chili powder
(Detailed instructions are below.)
I hope you enjoy these Spiced Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Strips with Honey-Lime Crema as much as I do.
More gluten-free crusted chicken recipes:
This is not a sponsored post. Cacique and Melissa’s Produce are both brands I love and use regularly.
Spiced Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Strips
For the chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoons chile powder, mild to medium, depending on how much heat you like
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
For the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and adjust a rack to the center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- On a clean, dry surface, use a boning or paring knife to remove any excess fat from the chicken breasts, and then cut them into 1 to 2-inch strips, lengthwise. Set aside.
- Add the chips to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until the chips are very tiny, coarse pieces. Add the chile powder, cumin and salt and blend until they're evenly incorporated. (If you don't have a food processor, you can add the chips to a heavy-duty, zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Then mix in the spices.)
- Add the chip mixture to a very large plate, and season both sides of the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Then place them, a couple at a time, on the chip mixture, pressing them down firmly. Flip them over and firmly press down again. You want both sides very well coated with the mixture. Place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet as you work, continuing until all of the strips are done.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and place in the preheated 375°F oven just until they're cooked through, about 12 minutes. If some of the chicken strips are thicker, they'll likely need to be flipped over, for an additional few minutes of baking time.
For the creama
- While the chicken is baking, add the crema, lime zest, lime juice and honey to a small bowl and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper (here's how), and then spoon this into a small serving bowl, or 6 tiny individual bowls. If desired, garnish the crema with a bit more lime zest and a sprinkle of chile powder.