Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles are super chocolatey and over-the-top delicious! There’s something magical about chocolate and hazelnuts, and when you add in the other tasty ingredients, you’ve got a breakfast you’ll remember forever!I love Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s because my name is Valentina, maybe it’s because I love chocolate, or maybe there’s no good reason. 😉
I do know for sure though, that these Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles are the ideal way to start the day!
This recipe contains a homemade Nutella of sorts. Let’s check it out . . .
What’s in Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles?
- vanilla extract
- hazelnut meal
- gluten-free all-purpose flour
- baking soda, salt
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- semisweet chocolate
Now, imagine all of that in one bite. I know, right!?
Chocolate and Hazelnut
It’s that flavor — of chocolate and hazelnuts — that makes this Valentine’s Day breakfast recipe so spectacular. This is one of the most beautiful flavor pairings.
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles are rich, nutty, chocolaty and fun. And romantic if served in bed. 😉
While these waffles don’t actually contain Nutella from a jar, I see nothing wrong with spreading some on top!
I didn’t think past chocolate, and knew this would be one Valentine’s Day breakfast recipe to remember.
This is not a sponsored post, and all opinions are my own. Bob’s Red Mill sent me samples of the Hazelnut Meal for recipe testing — and I truly love it.
More Valentine’s Day recipes:
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Nutella Brownies
- Fresh Raspberry Cupcakes
- Champagne Blood Orange Crème Brûlée
- Passion Fruit Chocolate Ganache Bars
Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Hazelnut Meal
- ¼ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2½ tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- ¼ cup blanched hazelnuts, toasted, chopped
- about 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 (approximately 1-ounce) square semisweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat your waffle iron, and in a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the banana with the sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Use a fork to blend the eggs into the banana mixture, and then fold in the hazelnut meal. Mix until it's as smooth as possible. (There will still be some small banana chunks, and that's okay.)
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, and mix just to combine.
- Fold in 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, and then add the batter to your waffle iron, using it according to the manufacturers instructions. (If necessary, use the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter to prevent sticking.)
- Use a fine grater to grate the semisweet chocolate over the waffles, and then mix the hazelnuts with the syrup and serve with the waffles.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.