It makes this already cooling snack, all the more perfect for a hot summer day.
“Share The Love” Cooking Giveaway! You cook, I give. Choose a recipe, cook & have fun, for a chance to win an awesome foodie prize (there are 10!).
And finally, the watermelon recipe. 🙂
Chile-Lime Grilled Watermelon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon chile paste I like Sambal Oelek
- Zest of 1/2 of a lime
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 small triangular wedges of seedless watermelon about 1/2-inch thick
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chile paste, lime zest and juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Place the watermelon slices in one layer on a baking sheet.
- Preheat a stove-top or outdoor grill.
- Use a whisk to make sure the chile-lime mixture is well blended, and then drizzle about half of it over the watermelon. Flip the slices over, and drizzle the rest on the other side.
- Once the grill is very hot, add the watermelon slices, being sure there is at least an inch or so between them. (If you don't hear a sizzling sound when the fruit hits the grill, it's not hot enough. Wait for the sizzle!)
- Grill just long enough to mark the watermelon, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip them over, and only grill the other side for about 30 seconds. (We want the watermelon to keep it's crunch.)