This watermelon pizza recipe with lime is a beautiful, refreshing, and super delicious summer dish! The lime flavor puts it over the top, and I always love finding new ways to use finger limes in recipes. This is a new favorite!I grew up in a family with many artists.
My grandfather was a painter and made beautiful jewelry, and my grandmother used to sew the most darling dolls and little teddy bears.
My grandfather’s paintings are hung throughout my house and I still wear earrings he made. Some of my grandmother’s sweet teddy bears are on a bookshelf in my son’s room.
My aunt is an amazing painter and my cousin is a renown photographer.
My father is also a photographer, and my mom was an incredible house designer and interior decorator. Growing up in my parents’ house was like living in a work of art. Really it is a museum of sorts.
I took a photography class in high school, and my dad taught me everything he knew in the awesome darkroom he made at our house.
It never occurred to me that one day, I’d combine that knowledge with my love of cooking.
Inspiration for Watermelon Pizza Recipe with Lime
I didn’t really feel like an artist myself though, until one day when my painter aunt said I’d found my art medium — food.
Can you see it in this Watermelon Pizza Recipe with Lime?
I’ll never forget that moment, because it made me feel special, and it somehow validated my work.
My favorite ingredient on this pizza might be the finger limes. I adore them!
- Finger limes, often called Citrus Caviar, are actually a lime-like citrus, shaped like fingers.
- They vary in color and taste like a blend between a lime and a grapefruit.
- They’re filled with hundreds of tiny balls of juice, like edible bubbles. They will pop in your mouth!
Watermelon Pizza Recipe Tip
- You can get finger limes here or in the specialty produce department of some markets, and its their crunch that elevates this dish. However, you can also squeeze fresh lime juice over it (about 1 teaspoon over the watermelon, and 1 teaspoon over the other ingredients).
More Recipes with Finger Limes:
- Papaya-Avocado Salad with Cactus Pear-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Shaved Melon-Avocado Salad Recipe
- Rambutini: A Rambutan Martini Recipe
This raw watermelon pizza recipe with lime is a beautiful, refreshing, and super delicious summer dish! The lime flavor puts it over the top!
- 1 (approximately 1-inch ) slice of a mini, seedless watermelon (about 5-inch diameter)
- 2 finger limes (see notes)
- 2 small strawberries, washed and dried, thinly sliced
- about 1 dozen blueberries washed & dried
- about 1 teaspoon Panela Cotija or Feta cheese, crumbled
- a few sprigs fresh thyme, washed and dried
- freshly ground black pepper
Cut the watermelon into 6 slices -- like a pie -- and place it on a large plate.
Cut one of the finger limes in half and gently squeeze both halves evenly over the watermelon slices.
Then arrange the strawberries and blueberries on top, any way you'd like to.
Sprinkle with the cheese and garnish with the thyme.
Cut the remaining finger lime in half and gently squeeze both halves evenly over all of the ingredients.
Finish with a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper and serve!