A lot of things in my life make me smile. Some are big . . .
When my mom says she’s having a good day.
When my boys feel proud of themselves.
The sound of my boys laughing together.
My sweet brother.
And some are little . . .
When my dog is peacefully sleeping with all fours in the air.
When my husband sneaks my favorite ice cream into the freezer for me.
When my lemon tree blooms for the first time all year.
This Hatch Chile-Agave Compound Butter is amazing on grilled corn, broiled fish, sautéed chicken, and a toasty slice of rustic bread.
Did anyone try the Hatch Chile-Tequila Chicken Tostadas we made over the weekend? So good!
You can find out more about Hatch chiles at Melissa’s Produce.
This is not a sponsored post. Melissa’s Produce sent me Hatch chiles for recipe testing, and all opinions are my own.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 roasted "hot" Hatch chiles, skin and seeds removed (Here's how to roast the peppers.)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the softened butter to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Chop the chiles as finely as possible and add them to the butter, along with the agave, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until it's completely smooth, and all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.