Spicy Honey Citrus Salad Recipe is a beautiful display of winter citrus — each type with a subtly different flavor and color. It’s a show-stopping first course!Okay, so maybe it’s more a stack of citrus, than it is a salad.
Whatever you want to call it, it’s beautiful and bursting with the fresh sweet, tangy flavors of seasonal winter citrus.
Inspiration for Spicy Honey Citrus Salad
I always look forward to winter citrus, and take full advantage of it.
I’m constantly inspired by the beauty of so many citrus varieties.
In this beautiful presentation, I love the way the tangy flavors balance out with the sweet honey and spicy jalapeño.
When to Serve Spicy Honey Citrus Salad
Whether you serve this as a stunning first course at dinner, as a light lunch, or perhaps even as a refreshing dessert, this pretty pile of sliced citrus, doused in sweet honey and spicy jalapeño is truly a treat to remember.
It could even be a lovely, unexpected dessert!
Citrus season is winter, and each of these different varieties has a slightly different flavor from the other, and they blend beautifully together.
Can you use any citrus?
Love oranges? Use them. Make the entire stack with them.Love grapefruit? Same rules apply. So really, use whatever you like, and any combination thereof.
I hope you share this Spicy Honey Citrus Salad Recipe with friends and family and of course, Enjoy every juicy bite!
More beautiful citrus recipes:
- Citrus Carpaccio with Yuzu Dressing
- Grapefruit Brûlée Recipe
- Candied Citrus Peels Recipe
- Citrus Carrot Salad Recipe
- Citrus Caprese Kebabs with Mint
- Spiced Orange Salad
Spicy Honey Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño pulp (see recipe instruction no. 1)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- about 1 orange
- about 1 Blood orange
- about 1/2 grapefruit
- lime and lemon zest for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the jalapeño, honey, lemon and lime juice. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Set aside.
- Now peel and then cut all of the citrus into approximately 1/4 inch slices -- just like this.
- Arrange a stack of citrus on two serving plates -- in any order you'd like, with about 1 teaspoon of the honey-jalapeño dressing between each slice.
- Garnish with lemon and lime zest and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.