This Lemon Basil Dressing will add a splash of aromatic, fresh flavors to your greens. Made with Meyer lemons, it’s sweet and tart and elevates salads to another level. Meyer lemon recipes are so lovely!
I love My Mom’s Meyer Lemonade so much that it’s always inspiring me to work Meyer lemons into my recipes.
My mom gave a friend of hers a large jar of her super tasty lemonade. Her friend then added basil from her garden to the jar. She said it created an interesting and wonderful flavor.
I thought why not turn that flavor profile into a dressing?
Meyer lemons are slightly sweeter, and less sour than most other lemons. They also have a much thinner skin than other lemons, which often makes them juicier.
They are the main ingredient in this Meyer Lemon Basil Salad Dressing.
Do you have a Meyer lemon tree? Does your neighbor?
It’s for More than Salads
- Salad dressings can often double as a marinade for poultry or fish. This one would fabulous be with chicken, salmon and cod.
- This Lemon Basil Dressing is also fantastic drizzled into sandwiches and over pasta.
A few more Meyer lemon recipes to inspire you:
- Fried Meyer Lemon Caesar Salad
- Whipped Meyer Lemon-Vanilla Butter
- Meyer Lemon Thyme Spaghetti
- Meyer Lemon Vanilla Hot Milk Cake
- Meyer Lemon Cheesecake from Wood and Spoon
- This dressing is best when you let it sit for at least an hour before using.
- It can be made a few days ahead. (Keep it refrigerated.)
- Always make a whole lot of a homemade salad dressing when you make it. The dressing can last for weeks in the refrigerator and you’ll love having it on hand, at the ready when you whip up quick salads or need a marinade.
I hope you love this Meyer Lemon Basil Dressing as much as I do.
Meyer Lemon Basil Salad Dressing Recipe
- In a small mixing bowl or large jar, combine the lemon juice, shallots, garlic, ginger, salt and honey. If you're using a bowl, gradually whisk in the oil, stir in the basil leaves and season to taste with the pepper. If necessary, add more salt. If you're using a jar, add all of the ingredients, put the lid on tightly and shake. If necessary, add more salt.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.