Baked Mahi Mahi recipe is a delicious, light and healthy dish. Great for entertaining or a casual weeknight dinner, it’s made with tomatoes, lemon and capers.
This marinated Baked Mahi Mahi recipe is absolutely packed with delicious comforting flavors!
What’s in this recipe?
- Mahi Mahi
- fresh tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
Just look at those beautiful, fresh ingredients. I love it!
It’s hearty and light — all at once, making it great for a cool winter night or a warm summer night.
What to serve with baked Mahi Mahi?
This baked Mahi Mahi is especially lovely over rice or pasta. The sauce is soaked into every bite!
It’s really fantastic served on top of Roasted Garlic Basil Brown Rice.
Sometimes I serve it over bright green roasted vegetables, like broccoli or rapini.
I hop eyou enoy this Marinated Baked Mahi Mahi dish as much as my family and I do!
More Mahi Mahi recipes:
Mahi Mahi Baked Recipe
- ⅓ cup capers, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- zest of 1 small to medium-sized lemon
- juice of 1 small to medium-sized lemon
- 1½ cups tomatoes, washed and dried, thinly sliced
- 4 (approximately 5-ounce) wild-caught Mahi Mahi fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the capers, shallots, oil, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of the marinade to the bottom of an (approximately 9 X 9 X 3 -inch) baking dish. Then place about half of the tomato slices in a single layer on top and drizzle a bit more of the marinade over them.
- Dredge the fish fillets into the marinade, coating them well and then place them on top of the marinade-drizzled tomato slices. Evenly distribute the remaining marinade over the fish fillets, followed by the remaining tomato slices -- they should completely coat the fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Remove the plastic, season with salt and pepper, and place in the preheated 450°F oven. Bake just until he fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes.