Mango Avocado Stack with Pesto is fresh, sweet, creamy and slightly spicy -- you won't believe how utterly delicious it is! Made with Keitt Mangoes, it's essentially a mango avocado salad built into a beautiful stack, and the combination of flavors and textures are out of this world.
Mango Avocado Stack
Layering a few beautiful colors, textures and flavors into a gorgeous stack makes for a gorgeous first course.
With pesto between each layer, it's amazing. You can use any pesto you like . . . I use Basil Lemon Verbena Pesto.
This mango avocado salad comes together easily, with just a few simple ingredients.
You can also use any mangoes you like, depending on the season. This recipe is made with large, Keitt mangoes.
What are Keitt Mangoes?
My friends at Melissa's Produce sent me a couple of Keitt mangoes for recipe testing and I was blown away.
- Keitt mangoes weigh in at almost two pounds each! That's almost two pounds of absolute heaven.
- Keitt mangoes are much less fibrous than most varieties, resulting in a super smooth texture.
- They're also left on the tree longer than most before they're picked, which makes them unbelievably sweet.
Can you believe how amazing that looks!? No filter, my friends! This is pure natural beauty.
When to Serve Them
- Oozing with scrumptious fresh flavors, Mango Avocado Stacks would be perfect for a spring or summer luncheon, as a main course.
- You could wow guests with them for brunch, along side a salad or even French toast!
- They would also make for a stunning appetizer to a multiple course dinner.
You can order Keitt mangoes here, or ask the produce manager at your market about them. And you can make this recipe with any mango variety you love!
Mango Pesto Avocado Stack Recipe
- 1 large mango
- 1 large avocado
- 4 teaspoons Basil-Lemon Verbena Pesto - click here for the recipe (or any other pesto you love)
- Assemble. Spread about ½ teaspoon of the pesto on two serving plates. Then alternating the mango and avocado, layer the slices between the two plates, spreading about ½ teaspoon of the pesto on every slice except the top.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil or lemon verbena. Serve!