Learning how to cut a mango is easy, and essential if you want to get the most out of this incredibly delicious, tropical fruit!I’m in the mood to celebrate the beauty of a mango.
It might be because I met some lovely people from the National Mango Board a couple weeks ago, and they sent me a box of absolutely gorgeous mangoes.
I think most likely though, I’m always in the mood to celebrate the beauty of a mango. I simply adore them.
- According to Melissa’s Produce, mangoes are the number one most popular fruit in the world. In the United States, they’re approximately number thirteen.
- There are many varieties of mangoes including Ataulfo or Honey (pictured below), Keitt, Haden, Francis, Kent, Tommy Atkins, and Palmer. These are just a handful of many more. Each type of mango has a unique flavor and texture.
- Some people liken the general flavor of mangoes to a cross between pineapples and oranges, with a hint of peach. Sometimes they’re a bit tart and they’re almost always sweet and fragrant with floral notes.
Why is it tricky to cut a mango?
Mangoes have a big, flat pit in the center, which means they need to be cut differently than many other fruits with round pits.
There’s nothing quite like a perfect (and perfectly prepared) mango!
Here are a few delicious recipes with mangoes for you to try:
- Mango Avocado Chipotle Salsa
- Pesto Mango Avocado Stack
- Chipotle Mango Quesadilla
- Baked Coconut Mango Chicken
How to Cut a Mango