Though making this Lavender-Rosemary Grilled Ribeye Steak is quick and easy, it will taste like it took hours and incredible skill. It bursts with aromatic, fresh and earthy flavors. Cooking with lavender puts a unique twist on recipes like this one.
I think you’ll love this Lavender Steak!
It’s quick to create, amazingly delicious and perfect for both casual and elegant entertaining.
There’s nothing quite like a perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned steak. It’s simple and delicious.
Cooking With Lavender
- You can cook with both fresh and dried lavender. Drying fresh lavender at the end of its season is a great way to preserve it, and have it on hand to cook with.
- It can be used in spice mixes and rubs for seasoning meats and poultry.
- I like it sprinkled lightly on fish and seafood for a lovely scent and light floral flavor.
- It’s wonderful to infuse into alcohol for cocktails, and oils for cooking and seasoning.
- It’s amazing in ice cream and frozen treats. Try this Lemon-Lavender Frozen Custard.
- This gorgeous plant is so versatile in the kitchen. Here’s more great information about cooking with lavender.
I know this is no endless lavender field in the South of France, but hey, it’s what I’ve got growing in my backyard — and I love it. And not just to look at. It’s super flavorful and delicious.
The lavender is the inspiration behind this Lavender-Rosemary Grilled Ribeye Steak.
Cooking with lavender has always intrigued me — for so many years I only thought of it as a pretty purple flower to smell and look at, and now I use it in all sorts or recipes.
What to Serve With it
- Potatoes. How about Rustic Garlic Confit Mashed Potatoes? Or French fries!? The oh-so-pretty and delicious Chile Lemon Roasted Purple Sweet Potato Fries would be perfect!
- Grilled vegetables. Grilled Scallions would be absolutely fantastic along side, or on top of the Lavender-Rosemary Ribeye Steak.
- Salads. And mixed green salad would be a really great, refreshing side to serve with this.
How about a get together this weekend? Let’s invite a few friends and include lavender steak in the menu.
Lavender Rosemary Grilled Ribeye Steak
- 2 teaspoons fresh lavender, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (approximately ¾ pound) Ribeye steak
- freshly ground black pepper
- Make lavendar mixture. In a tiny bowl, combine the herbs with the salt. Add the olive oil and mix.
- Season. Preheat a stove-top grill or your BBQ on high. While it's heating, rub both sides of each steak with the herb mixture, using all of it. Then crack a bit of black pepper on both sides.
- Grill. Place the steaks on the preheated grill -- you should hear a sizzling sound right away. If you don't, your pan is not hot enough yet. Wait until it's very hot and listen for the sizzle! Try not to move the steak during the first couple minutes of cooking. This will allow it to form a, "crust."Lower the heat to medium-low, and continue to cook until the desired doneness. For medium-rare, cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Cool. Remove the steaks from the grill, place them on a plate, and cover with foil. Let the steaks rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.