Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are as dreamy as they sound! With a peanut butter center, they’re gluten-free, rich, chocolaty, creamy and crispy! Great for dessert or a snack, they’re a huge win with kids and adults alike. Question: What’s better than a Rice Krispie Treat?
Answer: A chocolate Rice Krispie treat!
And what’s better than a chocolate Rice Krispie Treat?
A Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat!
Oh my! These treats are insanely good! No, really . . . insanely good!
There are so many reasons to celebrate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats!
- I’m telling you, if you show up to a party with these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats, you will be a star!
- Each one is just a few bites, and in each bite, you’ll get a nibble of the chocolaty rice krispies and the rich and creamy filling of the Reese’s peanut butter cup.
- They’re creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and chocolaty and peanut buttery all over!
- The process of making these is quite fun, to boot.
After making the scrumptious rice krispie treat concoction, the mixture is then pressed into a “cup” shape in a small muffin tin pan.
Then you’ll place the oh so delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Miniatures, inside each of the rice krispie treat “cups.” They will fit perfectly! Do not confuse these with the “Minis,” which will be too tiny.
A flat-bottomed, metal spatula presses each peanut butter cup down firmly into the rice krispie treat, so that the surface is totally even.
Next, semisweet chocolate chips are sprinkled on top. Those delicious morsels will melt perfectly during a brief stint in the oven.
That pretty much sums it up.
I really hope you try these Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats so you too can experience their deliciousness!
Oh, and here are a few more delectable twists on rice krispie treats.
With a peanut butter center, they're gluten-free, rich, chocolaty, creamy and crispy! Great for dessert or a snack, they're a huge win with kids and adults alike.
- 6 tablespoons plus about 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 3/4 cups rice cereal I use Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice, Gluten-Free
- 24 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease two mini muffin pans (1 dozen each) or one mini muffin pan (2 dozen each) with the 2 teaspoons of butter, and unwrap the peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter with the marshmallows. Stir in the cocoa powder and blend. Turn off the heat, add the cereal, and stir to coat completely.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat RecipeLet the cereal mixture cool only until you can touch it. It has to be somewhat warm to form the treats. Divide the mixture fairly evenly amongst the muffin pans, adding some into each muffin "cup" -- just enough to form a layer about 1/4-inch thick on the bottom and sides. Before you move on, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a peanut butter cup into each cereal "shell" you've made.
- Now you can evenly divide the chocolate chips on top of each treat. Pop the pan(s) in the oven just long enough to melt the chocolate chips, about 4 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, use a small, flat spreading knife to smooth the melted chocolate to coat the surface of each treat.
- Let set at room temperature for at least an hour before serving. (To firm the top up more quickly, place in the refrigerator for about ten minutes.)