Everyone’s talking politics, and meanwhile, I’m just over here cooking with my Korean pears. 😉
When I introduced you to these beauties from Melissa’s Produce on Monday, it was to tell you how delicious they are and because they will be starring in all my recipes this week.
In this Asian-Style Slaw, the Korean pear adds a perfect crispness and a wonderful sweetness that pairs beautifully with the other fresh ingredients and spices.
This is an excellent entrée, or side salad. And I absolutely love it with Grilled Rib Eye Steak Marinated in Asian Spices and Korean Pear! (Coming to you next.)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chile paste (Sambal Oelek is perfect)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup grape seed oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 cups finely shredded, green cabbage
- 7 ounces raw enoki mushrooms
- ¾ cup finely sliced red, sweet peppers
- 4 finely chopped scallions
- 1 Korean pear, cut into thin strips
- Sea salt to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, orange juice, ginger, chile paste, sugar and pepper. Slowly whisk in the grape seed and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add the cabbage and enoki mushrooms to a very large mixing bowl and toss with the dressing. Be sure it's very well coated. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate for at least 2 and up to 6 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Add the peppers, scallions and pear and toss until all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Season with a bit of salt if necessary.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.