I woke up on Sunday morning and quite simply wanted some sort of crunchy cereal, something sweet, like chocolate, and of course, a perfect cup of coffee.So I put all of these things together in a delicious, totally satisfying cookie.
And FYI, I’ve never met a person who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast. It’s okay every now and then.
Really, it is!
And there you have it.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup Cacao Nibs (see notes)
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the butter with the sugar until it's very smooth. Then mix in the espresso powder and vanilla.
- Add the egg and mix until it's completely incorporated.
- All at once, add the almond meal, oats, both flours and baking soda, and mix only until blended.
- Fold in the chocolate nibs, and then about 1 generous tablespoon a time, drop the batter onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, with at least 2 to 3-inches between them.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven until they are solid, and just beginning to brown along the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet.