Cappuccino Muffins are the perfect dream blend of espresso and chocolate. They’re a cake-like breakfast muffin, a perfect way to start the day! I’ve had this recipe for cappuccino muffins in my mind for a month, and some of the ingredients on my kitchen counter for almost as long.
I’m so happy to have finally made them!
Desserts with coffee and chocolate are so amazing and can come in so many forms. I love these muffins because while they’re technically a dessert, they double as breakfast. They’re muffins, after all. 😉
They are so comforting and delicious — the perfect creamy, rich blend of chocolate and coffee.
What’s in Cappuccino Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- espresso powder
- half and half
- flour and baking soda
- mini chocolate chips
Imagine all of that deliciousness baked into one.
I find so much comfort in baking — and eating the results, of course.
If you find more comfort in the final product, not to worry, these muffins will be ready — start to finish, in around 30 minutes.
How to Make These Amazing Cappuccino Muffins
– Combine the butter with ½ cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the espresso powder and salt. Stir in the eggs followed by the half and half and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
– Add the dry ingredients and mix just until you no longer see dry spots. Then fold the chocolate.
– Make a delicious topping by mixing the remaining sugar with the remaining espresso powder and sprinkle a bit on each muffin.
(More detailed instructions are below.)
Enjoy the every bite of your cappuccino muffins with chocolate chips!
More recipes with coffee and chocolate:
- Espresso Chocolate Sauce
- Coffee-Chocolate Mud Pie
- Kona Coffee Kahlúa Brownies
- No-Bake Espresso Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Cake
Espresso and chocolate is a dreamy combination, and it's together here in these super delicious Cappuccino Muffins! It's a cake-like breakfast muffin, a perfect way to start the day!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder (I like Medaglia D'Oro)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven and prepare the muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 375°F, adjust the racks close to the center. Prepare muffin tins with approximately 16 paper cups.
Make the batter. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter with ½ cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons of the espresso powder and salt. Mix just until everything is evenly incorporated. Add the egg and use a whisk to blend it into the batter. Now add the half and half and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the flour and baking powder and mix just until you no longer see dry spots. Then fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Make the topping. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar with the remaining ½ teaspoon of espresso powder and sprinkle a bit on each muffin.
Bake and serve. Bake in the preheated 375°F oven until they’re set, about 18 minutes. Let them cool in the muffin tins for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.