These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are so easy to make and incredibly delicious to eat! Four ingredients and about thirty minutes is all you need!
This recipe was derived from a recipe I hold close to my heart.
Growing up, my mom used to make a four-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe that came from my friend Aimée. She gave it to my mom and me when we were very young kids. These are the same, only in bar form.
When to Make Them
For friends, for family, for a potluck, for someone who needed cheering up, for someone who was celebrating something, and the list goes on.
There’s always a reason to be whipping up the delicious recipe.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are SO Easy to Make
Like the cookies, these super decadent and delicious Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are easy to make. In fact, even easier because it’s one big bar that’s just cut into squares when it’s done.
Simply by using a baking dish instead of a cookie sheet, I’ve turned the incredible peanut butter cookie recipe into a crazy, yummy bar recipe.
Peanut butter is packed with protein, you know. It’s good to keep that healthy thought in mind if you become addicted to these. 😉
What’s in these super tasty dessert bars?
Chocolate chips, peanut butter, egg whites and sugar. That’s it!
I love that these don’t contain any flour . . . because they have become my gluten-free son’s favorite dessert! I’m not sure that anyone would ever not love these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars.
I hope I’ve inspired a baking project for you!
Enjoy every last bite of these delectable Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars!
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Guten-Free Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Seven Layer Bars! Pretzel Seven Layer Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter S’mores Meringue Pie Recipe
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups creamy, salted peanut butter
- 2½ cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Make the batter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a large fork to combine the egg whites with the sugar. Then blend in the peanut butter and 2 cups of the chocolate chips. Use a small, flat-bottomed spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake. Place in the preheated 350° F oven and bake just until the batter looks dry in the center and it's solid, about 25 minutes.
- Add more chocolate. Remove the baking dish from the oven and evenly sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips on the top. Return the dish to the oven for 2 minutes, then evenly spread the melted chocolate chips over the surface.
- Cool. Place the baking dish on a cooling rack and let it cool for at least 2 hours. Then cut into approximately 24 evenly sized bars.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.