Strawberry Frangipane Toast is a very decadent, super easy, and fairly quick breakfast to prepare. Make extra because it’s always a hit, and you won’t be able to get enough.This is my newest favorite breakfast treat — and my entire family loves it, too. It’s the most delicious way to celebrate the beginning of strawberry season.
We've probably all had some variation of avocado toast. Well, this is a version of strawberry toast.
Fresh strawberries are bright, fun and delicious.
What is Frangipane?
Frangipane is a blend of almond meal, sugar, flour, butter and eggs. It’s a filling, usually found inside pastries and beneath fruit in tarts.
It's quite simple to make and only takes a few minutes.
(In this recipe the butter is spread on the bread and not mixed into the batter.)
Below are the four main steps to assemble the Strawberry Frangipane Toast.
It's Like a Strawberry Almond Tart
Strawberry Frangipane Toast is best described as somewhere between Strawberry French toast and a Strawberry Frangipane tart -- like a almond tart with fresh strawberries.
It’s a delightful sweet breakfast or brunch, and is especially lovely with a cup of coffee. 🙂
Of course it’s also sweet enough to be a super satisfying dessert after dinner.
How is it different from strawberry French toast?
Unlike French toast, there’s no soaking time, and it’s baked in the oven. (Of course French toast can be baked in the oven, too — but, more often than not, it’s cooked on the stove-top.)
In addition to being incredibly delicious, Strawberry Frangipane Toast presents beautifully.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- The measurements in the recipe are for bread slices that are about ½ to 1- inch thick and 5 x 4-inches. (You can use any size you like, but just be aware you might need more or less of the Frangipane batter.
- The amount of strawberries you use will depend on the size of the bread and how thickly they’re sliced (¼-inch thick is perfect).
- This recipe would also be delicious with blueberries, raspberries and stone fruits (apricots, peaches, plums).
- Gluten-free? The one pictured here is gluten-free. You can use Cup4Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour and your favorite gluten-free bread. (I used this one.)
I hope you love this Strawberry Frangipane Toast as much as my family and I do.
More fresh strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Avocado Salsa Recipe
- Strawberry Rosemary Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream
- Baby Lettuce Salad with Feta, Strawberries and Almonds
Strawberry Frangipane Toast Recipe
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (can be gluten-free if desired, and should be about ½ to 1-inch thick and 5 x 4-inches)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ⅓ cup almond meal (or Cup4Cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour)
- 1 tablespoon all-pourpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- about 8 large strawberries, washed and dried, thinly sliced (about ¼ inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- powdered sugar for garnish, if desired
- Set over and prep pan. Preheat the oven to 375°F, line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and place the slices of bread on top.
- Add butter. Divide the butter among the slices of bread, spreading it evenly.
- Make and add Frangipane. To make the Frangipane, in a small mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Divide the Frangipane among the slices of bread, spreading it evenly on top of the butter.
- Add strawberries and syrup. Evenly distribute the strawberry slices on top of the Frangipane, on each slice of bread. Drizzle about 1½ teaspoons of the maple syrup over the strawberry slices on each one.
- Bake. Place the baking sheet in the preheated 375°F oven. Bake until the edges of the bread become golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. Drizzle with a bit more maple syrup, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired, and serve.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.