Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly AMAZING! They only have four ingredients, they’re unbelievably scrumptious, they’re naturally gluten-free, and as the title indicates, they’re easy to whip up. Very easy!
I have been eating these Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies most of my life.
I was a little kid the first time I remember my mom making them. She made them all the time, and for any occasion — happy, sad, festive, celebratory, holiday gifts, and just to always have around. And now I do the same.
My mom said she got this recipe from my friend Aimée, who told her she got it from the Sesame Street show. I’ve been meaning to ask Aimée if she has any recollection of this. It would make sense for it to come from a kids show because it really is one of the easiest cookie recipes ever. And they are without question, the best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies I’ve ever had. And there’s nobody I’ve made them for who doesn’t feel the same way.
How to Make Them
The batter takes about 5 minutes to put together. Really. There are only 4 ingredients, no cutting or chopping, no melting — just mixing! Here we go . . . .
-The 4 ingredients — sugar, peanut butter, egg whites and chocolate chips are mixed together.
-The cookie batter is shaped with a 1 1/4-inch cookie scoop. They will barely spread, if at all, so they can be close together, and they’ll all fit on one sheet pan — all 4 dozen!
-Then they go in the oven for about 12 minutes. Cool for about 15 minutes and you’re done!
Can you freeze them?
Yes! In fact, I like them even better frozen. They taste like a candy bar when frozen — they will not become too hard, rather, they’ll have a firm, chewy texture.
Tips for Making Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- My mom always used Skippy Extra Crunchy peanut butter for this recipe. Very likely because they sold it in giant tubs at Costco. 😉 I love them with Skippy — perhaps because it’s what I grew up with. . . . or maybe because I just like it. I use Natural Skippy (creamy) and it’s delicious. And of course, you can use any brand you like.
- My mom would lightly blend the egg whites with a fork, then mix in the sugar, followed by the peanut butter, and finish with the chocolate chips. I do the same, but the truth is, if you put everything in a bowl and mix with a spoon, they’ll be equally as delicious.
- I think these are best when they come out of the oven seeming like they’re not quite done — they will look dry, but still feel a bit doughy to the touch. The texture will be perfect when they cool.
These cookies are the best! I mean it — make them once and you’ll get it. And you’ll continue to make them regularly — forever!
This is my go-to cookie recipe when we have people over spontaneously, when someone needs cheering up, if someone should be celebrated, to give to our mail lady just to be nice, for a potluck, teacher gifts, and when I just feel like we need something sweet in the house. They can be whipped up in just minutes!
Enjoy every last crumb!
More peanut butter and chocolate love:
- Double Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Decadence Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Meringue Pie
- Trail Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the egg whites with a fork. Add the sugar and use the fork to mix. Add the peanut butter, and mix with a spoon until smooth. Fold in the the chocolate chips.
- Use a 1 1/4-inch cookie scoop to shape about 4 dozen balls of dough, releasing them onto the parchment-lined sheet pan as you go.
- Place in the preheated 350°F oven and bake just until they look dry and are set, about 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes. Eat!
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.