I’m totally inspired to celebrate avocados.
You see over the weekend I went to an avocado party — well, a California Avocado Commission Food Blogger Luncheon, to be exact. Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger led a super fun event for us, with an unbelievably delicious California avocado-centric menu, at one of their Border Grill restaurants in LA.
Check out this mouth-watering menu. Every course was incredibly delicious — the kind of delicious where you truly savor each bite.
It was much like the TV show, Chopped, only we worked in small groups, had only fifteen minutes, no baskets and just two ingredients (avocados and pasta), none of which were a “mystery.” 😉
And guess what? We tied for 1st place!And if you think this avocado recipe looks good, (or amazing ;-)), on Thursday I’m having my own avocado party.
I’ll be sharing my Best Avocado Recipes, where you’ll find delicious California avocados in everything from salsa, to cookies, to soups. I’ll also be sharing some fantastic information I learned about avocados, so please tune in.
Smoky Lemon Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
- 4 large ripe California avocados about 4 cups mashed avocado
- Zest of 1 large lemon about 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped lemon supremes here's how to cut citrus into supremes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Peel the avocados and remove the pits. (Here's how.)
- Add the avocado to a large mixing bowl and use a large fork to mash it to the consistency you like. (I like it when it's both smooth and chunky.)
- Mix in the lemon zest, chopped lemon, chipotles, salt and sugar.
- Serve with warm, salted tortilla chips, or add it to fish, chicken, meat, or anything else that sounds delicious!