I’ll take it in any of the aforementioned forms, because any which way it’s presented, espresso is one of my favorite flavors on the planet!
And today I’m happy to add “in a creamy popsicle” to my list!
I encourage you to make these quick and easy popsicles at some point this summer. I served them at a casual, outdoor brunch over the weekend and they were extremely well received.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3-1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (I like Medaglia D'Oro)
- ½ cup crushed, chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk with the milk and espresso powder.
- If you're using the chocolate covered espresso beans, crush them by adding them to a heavy-duty, zip-lock bag, sealing it, and using a meat mallet or the bottom of a small, heavy-bottomed sauté pan to crush them. Then stir them to the milk-espresso mixture.
- Divide the mixture among 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.