I’ll take it in any of the aforementioned forms, because any which way it’s presented, espresso is one of my favorite flavors on the planet!And today I’m happy to add “in a creamy popsicle” to my list!
I encourage you to make these quick and easy popsicles at some point this summer. I served them at a casual, outdoor brunch over the weekend and they were extremely well received.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3-1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (I like Medaglia D'Oro)
- ½ cup crushed, chocolate covered espresso beans (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk with the milk and espresso powder.
- If you're using the chocolate covered espresso beans, crush them by adding them to a heavy-duty, zip-lock bag, sealing it, and using a meat mallet or the bottom of a small, heavy-bottomed sauté pan to crush them. Then stir them to the milk-espresso mixture.
- Divide the mixture among 6 (4-ounce) popsicle molds and freeze until solid, about 6 hours.