Whatever you want to call it, it’s beautiful and bursting with the fresh sweet, tangy flavors of seasonal winter citrus.
Whether you serve this as a stunning first course at dinner, as a light lunch, or perhaps even as a refreshing dessert, this pretty pile of sliced citrus, doused in sweet honey and spicy jalapeño is truly a treat to remember.
This could be an outstanding first course appetizer, or even a lovely, unexpected dessert!
Honey Jalapeño Citrus Salad Recipe
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño pulp see recipe instruction no. 1
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- About 1 orange
- About 1 Blood orange
- About ½ grapefruit
- Lime and lemon zest for garnish
- Use a Microplane grater/zester to grate the jalapeño pepper into pulp. If you don't have one, use a knife to finely chop the pepper until you have a purée.
- In a small bowl, combine the jalapeño, honey, lemon and lime juice. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Set aside.
- Now peel and then cut all of the citrus into approximately ¼-inch slices -- just like this.
- Arrange a stack of citrus on two serving plates -- in any order you'd like, with about 1 teaspoon of the honey-jalapeño dressing between each slice.
- Garnish with lemon and lime zest and serve chilled or at room temperature.