Using no oil, these Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut Holes are crispy on the outside with a soft texture on the inside. These donuts are made without yeast, and have lovely warming flavors that are perfect for the fall and winter months.This is a sponsored post brought to you by GoWISE USA. All opinions are my own, based on my experience with the product. Thank you for supporting my sponsors, who help make Cooking On The Weekends possible.
When I was given my first GoWise Air Fryer, I was a bit skeptical since I’m someone who loves traditional cooking equipment and methods.
Quickly though, I found I was using it often — mostly for my family’s favorite air fried chicken on busy weeknights, and for bacon on the weekends.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links for your convenience at no additional cost to you.
above photo credit: GoWise USA
Well today, I’m super excited to introduce you to the new GoWISE Air Fryer Oven — the newest evolution of Rapid-Air Technology. You can not only “fry” in it, you can also bake, roast, dehydrate, and rotisserie — all in a fraction of the time it would take in a regular oven.
The air fryer is all about a faster, healthier way to cook.
While you can essentially cook anything in the GoWISE Air Fryer Oven, I wanted to share a recipe that’s typically made by deep frying in a lot of oil, so I could exemplify how air frying donuts, using NO oil at all, can still be super delicious, while being healthier! You will still achieve what you want in a perfect donut, a slightly crispy exterior and soft interior.
These Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut Holes pack a ton of seasonal warm flavors into one small donut hole. And they are a no yeast donut, making the prep time super quick.
What is an air fryer and how does it work?
- Air fryers are like ovens, though with a much smaller area where food is held. They have a fan that circulates air at a very high speed — higher even than in a convection oven.
- Foods cook more quickly and efficiently in an air fryer because of the combination of the rapid air, and targeted heat.
- There is no preheating required!
above photo credit: GoWise USA
The GoWise USA Air Fryer Oven
- This air fryer oven has enough space to prepare family-sized meals, and is one of the largest the market. That said, it’s still compact enough to fit easily on a countertop.
- With 9 accessories, you can make everything from a rotisserie chicken and kebabs, to cookies and cakes, to French fries and dehydrated fruit.
- With 15 presets, the GoWISE Air Fryer Oven is incredibly easy to use.
- With a non-stick drip pan that’s inserted into the bottom of the oven, clean up is super easy, whether it’s crumbs or grease.
- And after you make these delicious Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut Holes, it comes with an awesome book of 50 recipes that will enable you to work with all of the accessories and make a variety of super tasty dishes.
- It comes in different colors, too. White, black and red. Fun!
Helpful tips for making Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut Holes in the GoWise Air Fryer Oven
- If you’d like a rounder shape, that most donut holes have, you can place each ball of dough into a mini, paper muffin/truffle cup instead of on parchment paper.
- Be sure that the parchment paper doesn’t have room to be blown around — remember air is circulating at a high speed in the air fryer. Be sure to have a donut in each corner. (I suggest this for cookies too.)
- If you use both mesh racks (which is says to in the instructions), sometimes the bottom rack will need an additional 2 minutes.
- Use a pot holder! Just because this is a tiny oven, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t get hot.
Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donuts can be made is just just a few simple steps . . .
Make the dough. (There are no rising times since these donuts are made without yeast.)Shape the dough.Place the shaped dough in the air fryer.Air fry on “Bake” for 10 minutesWhile the the donuts are in the air fryer, make the glaze.Let the donuts cool on a cooling rack.Glaze the donuts.Then enjoy every last donut.
I love air fried donuts, and I think you will too.
Using no oil, these Air Fried Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donut Holes are crispy on the outside with a soft texture on the inside. Their lovely warming flavors are perfect for the fall and winter months.
Makes about 20 donuts / serving size: 2 donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Cover the two mesh trays for the GoWISe Air Fryer Oven with parchment paper.
Add the flour, both sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg to a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to evenly blend the everything together.
Add the cold pieces of butter and use your hands to mix it into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
In a separate bowl, combine the milk, egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and slightly bubbly, about 1 minute.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it and mix everything together with a large spoon. Only mix until it’s combined. (Over mixing could result in a more tougher donut.)
Use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to gather about 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll it into a ball between your hands, and place it on one of the parchment-lined mesh trays. Continue this until all of the dough is formed. You should have about 20 donuts, 10 on each tray, with at least an inch or so between them.
Place the two trays into the GoWISe Air Fryer Oven, sliding them into two of the three rack levels, so the donuts on the bottom have a couple of inches between them and the tray above them.
Set to air fryer to “Bake” at 350°F, for 10 minutes. Press the "on/off" button to start. The donuts should have a nice golden color on their surface when they're done.
Remove the trays from the air fryer and place the donuts on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes.
The best time to make the glaze is while the donuts are in the air fryer. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, spices and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
Cover a sheet pan with parchment and place a cooling rack on top. Once the donuts have cooled to room temperature, dip them, one by one, into the glaze, flipping them over so the entire donut is covered. Let them drip a bit into the bowl and then place them on the cooling rack. Any excess glaze will drip onto the parchment below. They are ready once the glaze has hardened, about 20 minutes.