This Bloody Mary with Bacon is made with a delicious list of ingredients — all to your own taste! It will make for an excellent set-up at your next brunch! This post contains Amazon affiliate links for your convenience at no additional cost to you.
My husband loves a delicious Bloody Mary, and it pairs quite nicely with Mexican fare, which is his favorite food.
Whenever we’re celebrating him — for his birthday, Father’s Day, or just his awesomeness — I set up a table with all the ingredients he loves in his Bloody Mary, and make a few of our favorite Mexican recipes.
We’ve come to love a Bloody Mary with Bacon. Yep, bacon!
How do you make the best Bloody Mary with Bacon?
- To taste!
- This is exactly the sort of recipe that should be made to taste.
- To your taste, that is. When you make your own, from the best classic Bloody Mary ingredients, it will be the best! Oh, and even better with bacon!
- The bacon is not so classic — however, it’s absolutely delicious with the other ingredients. (And it looks super cool in the glass.)
Applewood smoked bacon is my favorite, so I thought it would be scrumptious to use it. And then I thought I’d take it a step further and serve the drinks with smoked sea salt.
It’s a brilliant combination.
How to Set up a Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar
Find a table space that will be easily accessible for your guests, and hold the below list comfortably. Maybe add a tablecloth, or some cool wooden cutting boards, perhaps a tiny vase of flowers.
Here’s what you’ll need on the table:
- Cocktail napkins.
- Bloody Mary glasses.
- Cocktail mixer.
- Small ice bucket with ice and small ice tongs.
- One glass filled with strips of cooked bacon.
- One glass filled with stalks for celery.
- One bowl filled with green olives, and one smaller dish next to it with toothpicks for them.
- Pitcher of spicy tomato juice.
- Bottle of super cold vodka. (I love Ketel One, but the choice is yours.)
- Small bowl of lemon and/or lime wedges.
- Small bottle of Worcestershire sauce.
- Small bottle of hot pepper sauce.
- Small plate of coarse smoked salt, a bit larger than the size of the diameter of the glass rim.
- A damp rag to moisten the glass rim before dipping it in the salt.
- Pepper mill.
(The celery and/or bacon strips will serve as stirrers.)
Enjoy your Bloody Mary with Bacon!
This Bloody Mary with Bacon is made with a delicious list of ingredients -- all to your own taste! It will make for an excellent set-up at your next brunch!
*You can put out as much or as little of the ingredients as you'd like. The below list are approximate amounts for 12.
- about 4 1/2 cups spicy tomato juice
- about 2 1/4 cups vodka
- about 4 lemons, cut into wedges
- about 6 limes, cut into wedges
- about 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (i.e., Tobasco)
- at least 2 dozen green olives, stuffed with blue cheese if desired
- 12 celery stalks
- 12 strips crisp, cooked applewood smoked bacon
- 1/3 cup coarse smoked salt
- ice cubes
Salt the rim of a glass. To do so, pour coarse sea salt onto a small plate, moisten the rim of the glass with a damp towel and press it into the salt.
Put out everything your guests will need and let them make their cocktail to taste. (Or you can make it for them, per their directions.)
Fill the glass with ice cubes. In a cocktail mixer (or serving pitcher) full of ice, combine the desired amounts of tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Shake or mix vigorously and strain into the glass.
Garnish with a stalk of celery, a crispy strip of bacon, lemon wedges, olives on a toothpick, or all of the above!