Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles is beautiful and crazy delicious! Easy and versatile, it's wonderful in so many different recipes and it will brighten up your summer barbecue or dinner party.
I love celebrating this incredible tropical fruit!
Mangoes always inspire me, and are one of my favorite foods.
It really doesn't get much better than a mango at the peak of its season. And this Chipotle Mango Salsa is on amazing!
Ingredients for Chipotle Mango Salsa
- red onion
- chipotles in adobo sauce
- salt, black pepper
How to Make it
This mango Chipotle Mango Salsa is an easy-to-make recipe that packs a ton of big flavors.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
What do mangoes taste like?
- There are several different mango varieties and each differs slightly in taste.
- Generally, when ripe, mangoes are soft and juicy.
- The texture can be a bit fibrous when they aren't ripe -- and when they are ripe, the texture is like butter! (Keitt and Ataulfo varieties are known for almost never -- if ever -- being fibrous.)
- Mangoes are very sweet, subtly tangy with a hint note of honey flavor.
Did you know the pit of a mango is flat? It's true, and if you haven't cut a mango before, it could be tricky. Check out my easy-to-follow photographic guide that takes you through the steps of How to Peel and Cut a Mango.
This summer salsa is so fantastic, so versatile and can be used in so many delicious ways.
- Mix the salsa into different types of salads (fruit salads, green salads).
- Top chicken, fish or grilled steak with it.
- Dip chips into the salsa (of course)!
- Add to lettuce cups with other ingredients, or even on its own, for lettuce tacos.
- Add a spoonful to a pretty endive leaf as an hors d'ouevre or appetizer.
- Serve the salsa as a colorful, fresh condiment with all sorts of tacos, burritos or tostadas.
- Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles is perfect to serve alongside my favorite Plantain Picadillo Empenadas.
- Dare I say, spoon a bit over ice cream? It's been done, and it's shockingly tasty!
Enjoy this Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles with absolutely anything you'd like. Maybe all you need is a spoon!? 😉
More fresh salsas to love:
- Salsa Verde Recipe
- Citrus Avocado Salsa
- Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
- Roasted Tomato Poblano Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Peach Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Pineapple Salsa
Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles Recipe
- 1 cup mango, small dice (click for How to Cut a Mango)
- ⅓ cup red onion, small dice
- ⅓ cup seeded tomatoes, small dice
- ½ cup avocado, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- juice of 1 small lime
- salt and finely ground black pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and season to taste with the salt and pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Lana, YOU make me smile! Thank you! Yes, I'm so happy to be a part of FBLA, and missed seeing you at the last meet-up. I hope after you return from your travels we'll connect at the next one. Hope you and your kids enjoyed your mangoes (Champagne Mangoes are my favorite!)
Wow, that looks amazing--the colors are extraordinary! I think we'll try that with some mango or lime sorbet, thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Leah!
This is definitely a favourite! I need to make a huge batch soon.
I hope you love it, Angie! So fun for summer. 🙂
Absolutely my cup of tea ! It makes a perfect salad to go out to the beach to have fish BBQ and serve together !
Yes, SO delicious with grilled fish or shellfish! Lovely idea. Thank you so much. 🙂 ~Valentina
Kelly | Foodtasia
Valentina, this would definitely brighten up a barbeque! I love mangoes too. Living in Dubai we got imports from around the world. The market was like a big mango festival! This would be so good over chicken or fish. And over ice cream? Sounds so crazy I just might try it!
Thanks, Kelly! I hope you love it. And it really is delicious over ice cream. Especially vanilla bean. 🙂 Enjoy. ~Valentina
I could eat this salsa with a spoon! It is so versatile and I love every single ingredient!
Thanks, Liz! Me too -- just hand me a spoon. 😉 ~Valentina
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
Huh! I didn't know there were different varieties of mango! Learn something new everyday! Love how fresh and vibrant this salsa is, Valentina! And the addition of chipotle is just perfect. I could make a meal out of just this with some chips 🙂 Pinned! Have a wonderful week!
Thank you, Dawn. Ataulfo mangoes are my (current) favorite. If you happen upon them, I hope you'll grab one to try. Hope you have a great week, too! 🙂 ~Valentina
David @ Spiced
Interesting! I can't say I've ever paid attention to mango varieties. I'm totally going to pay attention now. And I love the bit of chipotle in this salsa...the spicy + sweet from mangoes is a great combination!
Thanks, David. Yes, keep an eye out. I love Ataulfo mangoes and Keitt are from Austrailia and usually huge and very delicious!! Enjoy! ~Valentina
I LOVE the addition of chipotle to this salsa!!! Will definitely be adding some to my next batch!!!
Thanks so much, Nancy. Hope you love it! ~Valentina
LOVE mango salsa and yours looks delicious enough to just eat with a spoon! Love all those vibrant colors!
Well, we both have fresh salsa on the mind today. 😀 Thanks for checking this one out! P.S. I do eat it with a spoon 🙂 ~Valentina
Sounds sooooo delicious and fresh! Perfect for summer-time! Pinning! xo
Thanks, Kim! For the comment and pin. 😀 ~Valentina
Well, we Down Under have to get past winter chills ere we can prepare your rather delicious salsa: new to me as have not used any form of chilli ! Oddly, avocadoes are best in wintertime here - probably travelling from the balmier north. Mangoes tho' truly are a favourite summer fruit with over a dozen different kinds available, the Kensington Pride, the Calypso, R2E2, Nam Doc and Palmer being my favourites. Recipes are fine but most of us simply cut the cheeks off, put a big bib on, bend over the kitchen sink and enjoy . . . 🙂 !
Hi Eha, wow, I didn't know avocados were in season in the winter in Australia -- your probably right that they travel from warmer climates. 🙂 And so great there are so many mango varieties available in the summer. I love them best on their own, too! Deliciously sweet and juicy. 😀 Cheers and thanks for visiting! ~Valentina
We love mango salsa, but with that said I've never made it with Adobo Sauce. It must give the salsa a nice smokey kick. I really like mango salsa served with fish tacos or Huevos Rancheros. On ice cream, why not. Maybe on top of mango ice cream...
Ron, I think you'll love the smoky kick. I love every way you like it served -- especially on tacos! Thanks. ~Valentina
Beautiful. I love all of the flavors and textures and colors in this! I can sort of see it on ice cream. But I still like my dulce de leche flavor!
Ha! I'd probably grab the dulce de leche first, too, for the ice cream. 😀 Thanks for visiting Mimi! 🙂 ~Valentina
Jeff the Chef
What a great combination - mango, avocado, and chipotle. I've never had it before. And the color! Amazing!
Thanks, Jeff! It is a pretty one. Hope you try it. 🙂 ~Valentina
David Scott Allen
Mango and avocado salsa has been my go to for serving with grilled salmon forever! Your recipe is a little different from mine… I’d love to try it this summer!
Great minds think alike. 😉 Hope you love it. I would love to hear how you make yours. ~Valentina