Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles is beautiful and crazy delicious! Easy and versatile, it’s wonderful in so many different recipes and it will brighten up your summer barbecue or dinner party.
I love celebrating this incredible tropical fruit!
Mangoes always inspire me, and are one of my favorite foods.
It really doesn’t get much better than a mango at the peak of its season. And this Chipotle Mango Salsa is on amazing!
Ingredients for Chipotle Mango Salsa
- red onion
- chipotles in adobo sauce
- salt, black pepper
How to Make it
This mango Chipotle Mango Salsa is an easy-to-make recipe that packs a ton of big flavors.
– Mix all of the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
What do mangoes taste like?
- There are several different mango varieties and each differs slightly in taste.
- Generally, when ripe, mangoes are soft and juicy.
- The texture can be a bit fibrous when they aren’t ripe — and when they are ripe, the texture is like butter! (Keitt and Ataulfo varieties are known for almost never — if ever — being fibrous.)
- Mangoes are very sweet, subtly tangy with a hint note of honey flavor.
Did you know the pit of a mango is flat? It’s true, and if you haven’t cut a mango before, it could be tricky. Check out my easy-to-follow photographic guide that takes you through the steps of How to Peel and Cut a Mango.
This summer salsa is so fantastic, so versatile and can be used in so many delicious ways.
- Mix the salsa into different types of salads (fruit salads, green salads).
- Top chicken, fish or grilled steak with it.
- Dip chips into the salsa (of course)!
- Add to lettuce cups with other ingredients, or even on its own, for lettuce tacos.
- Add a spoonful to a pretty endive leaf as an hors d’ouevre or appetizer.
- Serve the salsa as a colorful, fresh condiment with all sorts of tacos, burritos or tostadas.
- Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles is perfect to serve alongside my favorite Plantain Picadillo Empenadas.
- Dare I say, spoon a bit over ice cream? It’s been done, and it’s shockingly tasty!
Enjoy this Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles with absolutely anything you’d like. Maybe all you need is a spoon!? 😉
More fresh salsas to love:
- Salsa Verde Recipe
- Citrus Avocado Salsa
- Tomato Feta Salsa
- Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
- Roasted Tomato Poblano Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Peach Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Pineapple Salsa
Avocado Mango Salsa with Chipotles Recipe
- 1 cup mango, small dice (click for How to Cut a Mango)
- ⅓ cup red onion, small dice
- ⅓ cup seeded tomatoes, small dice
- ½ cup avocado, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chipotles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- juice of 1 small lime
- salt and finely ground black pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and season to taste with the salt and pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.