Mediterranean Burgers are easy to whip up and are packed with fresh, delicious flavors. Perfect for indoor or outdoor grilling, this burger can be served on a bun, in a lettuce wrap, over rice, or solo.
I love a summer outdoor party with delicious burgers to throw on the grill.
And these Mediterranean Burgers are some of my favorites.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Burgers
These are big, juicy burgers, packed with wonderful, big flavors!
- lean ground beef
- crumbled Feta cheese
- artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil
- Kalamata olives
- almond meal
- fresh oregano
- fresh rosemary
- salt, black pepper
- olive oil
- Sun-Dried Tomato-Lemon Mayonnaise (mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice)
How to Make Them
(More detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.)
– In a large bowl, use your hands to evenly combine all of the ingredients.
– Shape the mixture into 6 evenly-sized burgers.
– Lightly coat an outdoor or stove-top grill with olive oil, and preheat. When the grill is very hot, add the burgers. You should hear a sizzling sound — if you don’t, wait! You won’t get a nice caramelization and “crust” on the burger if it’s not hot enough. Grill for about 4 minutes, then flip the burgers over and reduce the heat to medium-low. Grill for another 4 minutes or until the desired doneness (rare, medium, etc.).
– For the Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, mix the mayo with sun-dried tomatoes and lemon juice.
– Serve the burgers with the Sun-Dried Tomato-Lemon Mayonnaise along with buns, lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- While the Mediterranean burgers work really well on a stove-top or outdoor grill, you can also make them in a skillet. You can achieve a similar char from a cast iron skillet.
- You can substitute the beef with ground turkey or chicken.
The burgers can be served with buns, lettuce wraps or solo. Butter lettuce is excellent for the wraps.
I love my burgers with avocado, tomato, onions and lettuce — use what you like.
Any salad or potato side is always great with burgers. Here are a few of my favorites:
Can you make them ahead?
Yes! You can make and shape them the night before you plan to serve them. Wrap them tightly in plastic and keep them refrigerated until you’re ready for them to hit the grill (or the pan).
I hope you enjoy every last bite of these delicious Mediterranean Burgers!
More unique burger recipes:
- Spicy Sriracha Salmon-Basil Burgers
- Grilled Jalapeño Pepper Jack Turkey Burgers
- Cilantro Shrimp Burgers with Smoky Chipotle Lime Guacamole
- Sriracha Burgers with Crispy Shallots and Ginger-Chile Aioli
Mediterranean Burgers Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ cup artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, washed and dried
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for the grill
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to evenly combine all of the ingredients.
- Shape the burgers. Shape the mixture into 6 evenly-sized burgers -- each one should be about ¾ cup to 1 cup, and they should at least an inch thick.
- Grill. Lightly coat an outdoor or stove-top grill (or satué pan) with olive oil, and preheat. (Next best to a grill is a cast iron skillet.) When the grill or pan is very hot, put on your burgers. You should hear a sizzling sound -- if you don't, wait! You won't get a nice caramelization and "crust" on the burger if it's not hot enough. Grill or sauté for about 4 minutes, then flip the burgers over and reduce the heat to medium-low. Grill for another 4 minutes or until the desired doneness (rare, medium, etc.).
Sun-Dried Tomato-Lemon Mayonnaise
- Combine ingredients. Mix the three ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the burgers with the Sun-Dried Tomato-Lemon Mayonnaise, along with buns, lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.