Learn how to how to peel and devein shrimp and you’ll never buy it without the shells again! And you’ll save money, to boot.
Why you Peel and Devein Shrimp Yourself
- If time allows when you’re cooking, starting from scratch is always best. The fresher, the better!
- When you peel and devein shrimp at home it can also save you money. The cost of shrimp per pound is considerably more expensive if the work has been done for you. Makes perfect sense, but it’s really easy to do yourself, and from my experience, it’s the sort of kitchen work that can be a very zen-like activity.
If time permits, I hope you go for it.
A few more delicious shrimp recipes:
- Spicy Cilantro Shrimp
- Cilantro Shrimp Burgers with Smoky Guacamole
- Tropical Quinoa Salad Bowl with Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp with Citrus-Cucumber Salsa
- Hatch Chile Shrimp Sauté with Coconut Rice
Lets get to it . . .
How to Peel and Devein Shrimp