Mango-Manchego Basil Salad recipe is a simple combination of a few ingredients that combine to create a ton of delicious flavor into a beautiful plate.Mango-Manchego! It sounds like a Spanish dance, doesn’t it? I love it.
That’s really what this salad is. Well, I suppose it’s more of a worldly dance — a dance with a few wonderful flavors from different areas of the world. Mangoes from the tropics, Manchego from Spain, and basil with origins in India.
This is a super simple recipe that can be put together in just minutes. The variety of flavors and textures of the three main ingredients is over the top delicious! It’s fresh, sweet and spicy — all at once!
You can arrange the ingredients artfully, of just throw them together in a bowl. Your call. 🙂
While can probably find mangoes year round, they’re far superior during the summer months.
Like many summer fruits, I can’t seem to get enough of them. I guess that’s part of what makes them so special each time they come back around.
You can check out tons of mango varieties and their availability here.
So let’s have fun with mangoes this weekend and do the Mango-Manchego, shall we?
And here are a handful more delicious mango recipes to temp you . . .
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Avocado Pesto Stack
- Coconut Mango Baked Chicken
- Lime Granita-Mango Salsa Bites
- Seared Ahi Tuna Mango-Avocado Appetizer
- Sweet and Spicy Tomato-Mango, Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Spiced Pork and Mango Chimichurri Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Smoky Chipotle Mango Quesadilla Recipe
Mango-Manchego Basil Salad recipe is a simple combination of a few fresh ingredients that pack a lot of delicious flavor, and create a beautiful plate.
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- pinch sea salt
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large firm but ripe mango, sliced thinly (Click here for How to Cut a Mango)
- about 1 1/2 dozen large basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved
In a very small dish, combine the paprika, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the oil and set this aside.
Arrange the mango, basil and Manchego on one or two serving plates. Then drizzle with the dressing. (For a more casual, quicker prep time, you can also mix everything together in a serving bowl.)