Mango-Manchego Basil Salad recipe is a simple combination of a few ingredients that combine to create a ton of delicious flavors into a beautiful plate.Mango-Manchego! It sounds like a Spanish dance, doesn’t it? I love it.
That’s really what this salad is. Well, I suppose it’s more of a worldly dance — a dance with a few wonderful flavors from different areas of the world. Mangoes from the tropics, Manchego from Spain, and basil with origins in India.
Mango-Manchego Basil Salad Recipe is Quick and Easy
This is a super simple recipe that can be put together in just minutes. The variety of flavors and textures of the three main ingredients is over the top delicious! It’s fresh, sweet and spicy — all at once!
You can arrange the ingredients artfully, or just throw them together in a bowl. Your call. 🙂
What’s in the dressing?
- Spanish paprika
- sherry vinegar
- sugar, salt, pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
While you can probably find mangoes year round, they’re far superior during the summer months.
Like many summer fruits, I can’t seem to get enough of them. I guess that’s part of what makes them so special each time they come back around.
You can check out tons of mango varieties and their availability here.
How to Make Mango-Manchego Basil Salad Recipe
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Arrange the mango, basil and Manchego on plates. Then drizzle them with the dressing.
So let’s have fun with mangoes this weekend and do the Mango-Manchego, shall we?
A few more delicious mango recipes to tempt you . . .
- Mango Salsa
- Mango Avocado Pesto Stack
- Coconut Mango Baked Chicken
- Seared Ahi Tuna Mango-Avocado Appetizer
- Sweet and Spicy Tomato-Mango, Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Spiced Pork and Mango Chimichurri Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Smoky Chipotle Mango Quesadilla Recipe
Mango-Manchego Basil Salad
- ¼ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- pinch sea salt
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large firm but ripe mango, sliced thinly (Click here for How to Cut a Mango)
- about 1½ dozen large basil leaves, washed and dried
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved
- In a very small dish, combine the paprika, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar. Gradually whisk in the oil and set this aside.
- Arrange the mango, basil and Manchego on one or two serving plates. Then drizzle with the dressing. (For a more casual, quicker prep time, you can also mix everything together in a serving bowl.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.