This Vegan Chocolate Mousse only has two ingredients — cashew cream and chocolate. Incredibly quick and easy to whip up, it’s rich, velvety smooth and will satisfy any chocolate lovers’ palate.
Two ingredient chocolate mousse!
You won’t believe how luscious and rich this dairy free cashew chocolate mousse is. Vegan or not, I bet you will want this again and again.
And so will your guests!
What’s in this vegan mousse?
- Cashew Cream
- Semisweet chocolate
*Here’s How to Make Cashew Cream* (It's so easy!)
How to Make the Cashew Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the cashew cream to the melted chocolate and mix until it’s evenly blended.- Pour the mixture into ramekins, cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least two hours. And voila, Creamy Vegan Chocolate Mousse!
- Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired.
(More detailed instructions are below.)
Can you make this chocolate mousse ahead?
This will keep well for up to four days, wrapped tightly in the refrigerator. I don’t recommend freezing the mousse.
- Allow the melted chocolate time to cool before adding the cashew cream to it. If the chocolate is too warm, it will harden if the cashew cream has been refrigerated. Alternately, you can let the cashew cream come to room temperature first.
- I like to add a bit of grated chocolate to the top for garnish, but this is optional.
Variations for Cashew Cream Mousse
- Add 1½ teaspoons of instant espresso powder to the recipe for a Vegan Mocha Mousse.
- Add 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter for a Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse.
I hope you love this super rich and creamy vegan chocolate mousse as much as my family and I do.
More vegan mousse recipes:
Vegan Chocoalte Mousse Recipe
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate, finely chopped or chips
- 1⅓ cup Cashew Cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon shaved semisweet chocolate for garnish (if desired)
- Melt the chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the cashew cream. Add the cashew cream to the melted chocolate and mix until it’s evenly blended.
- Add the mousse to the ramekins and refrigerate. Pour the mixture into 4, 4 ounce ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish. Garnish with shaved chocolate if desired.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Who knew? I've never tried any nut milks, but since Denisa is in NYC, I actually can now! This looks so light and airy; delectable!
Thank you, Christina. When my oldest was out of town, I baked a lot with regular flour, since he's GF. And then I scrubbed my counters. 🙂 ~Valentina
Cashew cream and chocolate is so yummy sounding. We're nut-free here, but I can taste your Vegan Chocolate Mousse virtually with my eyes...
Aww, thanks Ron. Since everything is virtual these days, that's perfect. 😉 ~Valentina
Jeff the Chef @ Make It Like a Man!
That's interesting! I've never had anything made with cashew cream before.
It's really fun, Jeff. I'm always surprised at how great it is to add to recipes. Yesterday I added a couple of tablespoon to a beef stew, just to thicken the gravy a bit, and it was delicious. ~Valentina
David Scott Allen
Looks so good! Cashew cream is like a new miracle ingredient, isn’t it?
Thanks, David. Exactly! It's really magical how it works its way into recipes making them rich and creamy. ~Valentina