Smoky Chipotle Parmesan French Fries are a scrumptious snack, appetizer or side. They're subtly spicy, wonderfully smoky, and are crisped to perfection with cheese.
I created these Smoky Chipotle Parmesan French Fries on a whim years ago. Turns out it was the best whim ever, and they've become a regular side dish, appetizer and snack at our house.
I was craving French fries -- not just any French fries, though. I was craving spicy, cheesy fries. I wanted them to be soft and mild on the inside, and golden and crispy on the outside. (Really, that's how every good French fry should be!)
One of my absolute favorite flavors ingredients (right up there with chocolate) is Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce.
What are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?
- They're smoked jalapeño chiles that are canned in a sauce that typically contains tomato puree, paprika, salt, onions, oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and oregano.
- A little goes a long way. It's hot.
How to Make Chipotle Parmesan Fries
These fries are so easy to make, and they're healthier than most fries because they're roasted in the oven and not deep fried.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the potatoes, in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes and mix them into the sauce.
- Roast in a very hot oven until golden and crispy.
More detailed instructions are below.
No Dip Necessary
This french fry recipe is so flavorful that you really don't need to dip them in anything. If however, if you can't imagine eating fries without a sauce, they're fabulous with something cool and refreshing, like Raita. Something like this would be lovely with the heat of the fries.
- For less heat, you can just use the adobo sauce and for extra heat be sure you use one of the whole chipotle peppers, and keep a few seeds in there.
- These are best right out of the oven.
Other Favorite French Fry Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Daikon Radish French Fries
- Perfect Crispy Oven Roasted French Fries
- Curry French Fries with Coconut-Lime Dip
And here is a delicious handful more!
I suggest you make a double batch of the these fries, as there never seem to be enough.
Smoky Chipotle Parmesan French Fries
- Set the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine everything except the potatoes. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil with the chipotles, Parmesan, paprika, lemon juice and salt, and set it aside.
- Prep potatoes. Peel, wash, and dry the potatoes. Then, cut them into french fry-sized pieces, about ¼ inch sticks. Add the potatoes to the bowl with the chipotle mixture and toss them until they're completely coated.
- Roast and cool. Spread the sauced potato sticks on a baking sheet in a single layer, and place them in the preheated 425°F oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown and crispy. They should be flipped about half way through the cooking process, with a flat-bottomed metal spatula. Leave them on the baking sheet to cool.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.