Do you have a signature dish? Or a signature cookie or drink?
This recipe is my signature summer salsa. I just decided this today. Of course it doesn’t make any sense because a “signature dish” is one that a person is well known for — and well, only two people have tried this — me and my husband.
I know what you’re thinking . . . that we’re totally biased. I mean after all, I made it and my husband, well, he’s my husband. I’m very confident though, that everyone will love it as much as we do. (If somebody tries this salsa and doesn’t like it, I’d wonder if that person also doesn’t think puppies are cute.)
The colors of the fruits are what inspired the ingredient list — I think they’re so beautiful (and delicious!) together.
- 1 cup quartered black seedless grapes (I used Melissa's Produce Black Muscato grapes)
- 1 cup quartered green seedless grapes (I used Melissa's Produce Green Muscato grapes)
- 1 cup diced red plums (The size of the dice should closely match the size of the cut grapes. I used Dinosaur Eggs, which are actually Pluots.)
- ¾ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon super finely chopped jalapeño pepper (red or green)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
- Add all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper, to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir gently.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste.)
Melissa’s Produce sent me samples of the grapes, and as always, all opinions are my own.