Plum Salsa is a vibrant recipe, full of stunning colors and fresh flavors. It's delicious with chips and over grilled chicken or fish. Salsas with plums are an unexpected blend of fresh, sweet summer flavor!
This plum salsa recipe is summer favorite. Everyone loves it, so I make it quite often.
Summer fruit is excellent with savory dishes. So not only does this salsa make a great appetizer with chips, but it's also fabulous to serve with chicken, pork and fish.
Ingredients for Plum Salsa
- red plums
- black and green grapes
- red onion
- lime juice
- jalapeño pepper
- salt, pepper
How to Make it
Add all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper, to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir gently.
Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
(More detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Here are a few super delicious ideas . . .
- Plum salsa is of course excellent with chips. (Chica's Chips are my favorite.)
- It's fabulous to serve with grilled chicken, pork or fish. On top, or on the side.
- It's also a refreshing addition to grilled steak.
- You can mix it right into cold pasta salads or green salads.
- And it's even delicious with vanilla bean ice cream. Seriously.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- I think the bright red plums are absolutely gorgeous, but you can use your favorite plums. They should be firm but ripe-- when you press them with your thumb, they should have a little bit of give.
- While the recipe includes black and green grapes, you can use any seedless grape variety you like.
- Not into cilantro? Basil would be a great substitute.
Can you make Plum Salsa ahead?
- This salsa is best served the same day it's made.
- The ingredients can be mixed together up to six hours ahead of time, kept tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
I hope you love this plum salsa as much as my family and I do.
Bring it the next time you're invited to a summer barbecue. It's sure to be a hit!
More delicious summer fruit salsa recipes:
- Mango Avocado Chipotle Salsa
- Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
- Roasted Tomato Poblano Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Peach Salsa
- Roasted Hatch Chile Pineapple Salsa
Plum Salsa with Grapes Recipe
- 1 cup red plums (Elephant Heart plums are perfect), diced (the size of the dice should closely match the size of the cut grapes)
- 1 cup black seedless grapes, washed and dried, quartered (I used Melissa's Produce Black Muscato)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes washed and dried, quartered (I used Melissa's Produce Green Muscato)
- ¾ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, washed and dried, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper (red or green), super finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients. Add all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper, to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir gently.
- Season. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. (Here's how.)
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.