Cherry Bacon Blueberry Kebab Recipe
Serves: Makes 1 dozen (serves about 6 as an hors d'oeuvre)
- 6 cherries, pitted, washed, dried and sliced in half
- 1 dozen small mint leaves
- 1 strip applewood smoked bacon, cooked cut into small (about ½-inch pieces)
- 1 dozen fresh little mozzarella pearls (see notes)
- 1 dozen blueberries, washed and dried
- about 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- If you'd like your kebabs to be able to "stand up," use a very sharp knife to slice a sliver off of the bottom of each one. (It's easiest to assemble them this way, but they're still super cute laying down.
- Place all of the cherry halves on a clean, dry surface and then add a mint leave to each one, followed by a piece of bacon and a mozzarella pearl. Now add the blueberries with the toothpick and press it gently through to the bottom.
- Drizzle them lightly with the orange juice and serve!
Here are mozzarella pearls. They are the perfect size and lovely because they are round. They should be easy to find in most markets, but if you can't, you can also cut larger fresh mozzarella into small pieces.