This Chipotle Mango Quesadilla Recipe always draws a crowd and it's perfect for summertime entertaining. I've been making this every summer for almost a decade, and it never gets old. It can be served in small slices as an appetizer, and can also stand alone as an amazing vegetarian entrée.
When two of my favorite foods on the planet are a match made in heaven, as a pair they might just surpass everything else.
Smoky, spicy chipotle peppers and sweet, tangy mangoes create the most unbelievable flavor combination imaginable.
What are your favorite food pairings?
For me, right up there with chipotles peppers and mango is chocolate and hazelnut.
What's in this recipe?
- Mexican Cotija cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- chipotles in adobo sauce
- lime juice
What to Serve With Them
Here are a few fabulous ideas . . .
- Fried Meyer Lemon Caesar Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Pepitas and Honey-Chipotle Dressing
- Red Goddess Grilled Flank Steak
- Steak And Onions (Bistec Encebollado)
When to Serve Them
Okay, obviously anytime you'd like to -- but, they are especially lovely for a party or a barbecue. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, you name it, it's a good time for them!
I love slicing them into small pieces for a casual appetizer. (You can even dip them in guacamole!)
If you have them for breakfast you can even add a poached or over easy egg on top! Delicious!
Whenever you decide to serve this Mango Quesadilla recipe, I hope you absolutely devour and love them as much as my family and I do!
You might also love this recipe for Refried Bean Corn & Chip Quesadillas.
Smoky Chipotle Mango Quesadilla Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, fnely chopped
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- grapeseed oil for the pan
- 2 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- about 8 thin slices fresh mango - about 1 medium-sized mango (Click here for How to Cut a Mango)
- squeeze of lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix the chipotles with the Cotija cheese and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with the oil.
- Place the pan over medium heat, add 1 tortilla in the center of the pan (or 2 if they fit), and sprinkle it with an even layer of about half of the Mozzarella cheese. Now sprinkle an even layer of about half of the Cotija-chipotle mixture on top.
- Once the cheeses have melted, add about half of the cilantro leaves on top, and then place 4 of the mango slices on half of the prepared tortilla (still in the pan).
- Squeeze a bit of lime juice over everything, and then use a spatula to fold the side of the tortilla without the mango, directly on top of the other side. Gently press on top to be sure everything is held together.
- Remove from the quesadilla from the pan, place it on a clean, dry cutting board, and cut it into however many slices you'd like (depending on whether you're serving it as an appetizer or main course.) Repeat the above, if you didn't do both quesadillas at once.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.