When I started Cooking On The Weekends a few years ago, I had no idea that not only would I be continuing my career in an area I’m passionate about, but that I would also gain a whole community of new friends. I’ve made foodie friends not only around the globe, but am also fortunate enough to be a part of a local group, Food Bloggers Los Angeles. Run by Erika of In Erika’s Kitchen, Dorothy of Shockingly Delicious and Patti of Worth The Whisk, this group of foodies has become something I truly love being a part of.
After missing a handful of our monthly meetings in a row, yesterday at our annual Cookie and Cookbook Swap, it was as if no time had passed. As much as I loved trying everyone’s creative cookie recipes, I so enjoyed seeing my fellow LA food bloggers.
You know how I’ve shared that my husband jokes that I’m often consumed with “the blog and the dog?” Well with these folks I can go on and on about the blog, and when the lovely Louise of Jeeze Louise is around, I can also go on and on about the dog! (I stick to going on and on about my boys with my husband — something I’m also quite good at.)
I made these super rich, flavorful and delicious Brown Butter Pecan Praline Chocolate Chip Cookies for yesterday’s event. I love how they turned out! If you’re heading to any holiday cookie exchanges, or simply want to eat yummy cookies, I highly recommend these!
You can check out all of the cookie recipes from the LA food bloggers at the bottom of this post.
Food Bloggers LA 2013 Cookie Exchange Recipes
- Chai Tea Cookies — Cathy Arkle of She Paused 4 Thought (She also got tired of rolling the dough and refashioned the rest into Baby Hedgehog cookies.)
- Butter Pecan Fudge — Dorothy Reinhold (me!) from Shockingly Delicious.
- Antioxidant Chocolate Bark — Erika Kerekes (our hostess) of In Erika’s Kitchen.
- Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars with White Chocolate Chips – Jennifer Richmond of Kitchy Cooking.
- Chocolate Chip and Apricot Walnut Rugelach and Vegan Chocolate Mini Cupcakes (“Naughty & Nice Cookies”) — Dana of Foodie Goes Healthy
- Vintage Sponge Drops with Double Fudge Filling — Leslie Macchiarella of Bake This Cake.
- Sicilian Christmas cookies — Judy Lyness of Two Broads Abroad.
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Sugar Cookies — Patricia Rose of Fresh Food in a Flash.
- Mini Chocolate Nut Sandwich Cookies — Kelly Page of Tasting Page.
- Rosemary Raisin Cocktail Shortbread — Sharon Graves of Cheesy Pennies.
- Saketini Christmas Balls, Chocolate Macarons with Japanese Wine Cream Centers, and Matcha Green Tea Cookies with Chocolate Centers & Espresso Cookies with Caramel Fillings — Kim Watkinson of Ninja Baking.
- Blueberry Coconut Mini Cupcakes, Rainbow Chocolate Bark, and Vegan Gingersnaps — Judy Weintraub of Bumbleberry Breeze.
- Chocolate-Dipped Apricots with Pistachios — Adair Seldon of Lentil Breakdown.
- Spumoni Shortbread — Nancy Rose Eisman of Adventures with Nancy Rose.
- Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cardamom Gingersnap Cookies — Alison Ashton of Nourish Network .
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oat Bars — Alanna Waldron of Eats Real Food.
- Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies — Tanaya Ghosh of Tanaya’s Table. (Tanaya’s Table, the blog, will launch in 2014.)
- Black and White Cookies — Tina Kil. (Her blog isn’t up yet, but watch for her contributions in the future!)