This Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce Recipe is over-the-top delicious -- it's tangy with a kick of heat and enhances anything it's added to! And did you know that cilantro is one of the top most nutrient dense greens on the planet?
Inspiration for Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe
I have a new favorite cookbook!
It's an incredibly educational fruit and vegetable guide that's packed with 150 delicious recipes -- all made with the most nutrient dense fruits and vegetables on the planet.
What's at the top of the 50 Best Plants on the Planet list?
Blackberries, asparagus, cilantro and chard! (Hence, my Cilantro Chimichurri recipe.)
Are you surprised? I was, as I expected blueberries and kale to be higher than these. Nope.
I've had my copy for about two weeks, and have since made sure I always have blackberries, asparagus, cilantro and chard in the fridge.
All things I already loved, but now I'm much more conscious about eating regularly. (Okay, to be honest, I love blackberries and cilantro and like chard.)
I learned from the book that, among others, they are at the very top of the list of 50!
I've had a craving for Chimichurri sauce lately, and 50 Best Plants on the Planet totally inspired me to make one with cilantro.
What is Chimichurri sauce?
Chimichurri sauce, traditionally made with parsley, is a fresh, spicy, raw Argentinian sauce usually served with grilled meat. I love it on anything from pasta, to fish and shellfish, to all kinds of meats.
(Cilantro Chimichurri is very much like the traditional version, only with cilantro instead of parsely.)
This is something you should make a lot of at once, as it's wonderful to have on hand.
You never know when you may want use this incredibly flavorful Chimichurri as a marinade, dip, or a sauce!
This book not only has more cilantro recipes, but also offers a few recipes for every one of the 50 best plants on the planet.
How to use Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
I've used this Cilantro Chimichurri as a star ingredient in a few other recipes and they are fantastic:
- Spiced Pork and Mango Chimichurri Lettuce Wraps
- Cilantro Chimichurri Peach Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Broiled Cilantro Chimichurri Dover Sole
And if you'd like to try an authentic chimichurri recipe, this one is fabulous.
I was so fortunate to meet the lovely Cathy Thomas when I got my book! 🙂
Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe
- Remove any thick stems from the cilantro, and add it to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until it's very finely chopped.
- Add the garlic and blend until it's in such tiny pieces that you can't even see it.
- Pour in the vinegar, along with the lemon juice, cumin, paprika, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Blend just to combine the ingredients, and then gradually pour in the oil and blend until smooth.