Banana Honey Muffins are not only a lovely breakfast with coffee, but they double as dessert! They’re warmly spiced, honey-sweetened and, you guessed it — oh-so-delicious!Honey and banana are a delicious sweet combination, and together they make these muffins irresistible!
What’s in Banana Honey Muffins?
- flour, baking soda
- cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
Each one of these muffins is like a tiny cake. A sweet, rich and super flavorful cake, that is.
While I’d be perfectly happy serving spiced banana
muffins with nothing but a perfect cup of coffee, they would be fabulous with a number of savory breakfast-y items, too.
What goes well with Honey Spiced Banana Muffins?
Whenever I have a brunch, I like to serve buffet style — and that typically includes a number of savory dishes that must be complemented by a few sweet options.
- Perfect Poached Eggs Over Double Hatch Hash Browns
- Smoky Chipotle Chorizo French Fry Frittata
- Caramelized Onion-Potato Egg White Frittata
- French Toast Bread Pudding
Now please enjoy a super delightful, delicately spiced Banana Honey Muffin! They’re so good!
Honey Spiced Banana Muffins Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (from about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bananas, thinly sliced (from about 2 medium-sized bananas)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix to blend and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted, cooled butter with the honey, sugar, milk, vanilla and mashed banana. Mix until all of the ingredients are evenly blended. Then add the eggs and mix until they're fully incorporated, and the batter is as smooth as possible.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until you no longer see any dry spots.
- Fold in the sliced bananas.
- Evenly divide the batter among the 18 paper cups (they should be about 3/4 full, as they will rise in the oven.)
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven until the muffins are golden and no longer jiggle, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let them cool and then remove from the muffin tins.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.