Do you ever just really need a cookie?
That’s a totally ridiculous question, I know.
Of course you just need a cookie sometimes. Who doesn’t!?
This is a stellar recipe for that purpose! Four ingredients, an oven, 15 minutes — that’s all it takes until you’re eating these delicious cookies!
(And let’s be honest here, do you ever just really need cookie dough?!)
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound of your favorite trail mix (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a fork to blend the egg whites with the sugar. Then mix in the peanut butter until you have a smooth mixture. Fold in the trail mix and stir until it's incorporated into the dough evenly.
- Use a 1¾-inch cookie scoop or a couple of teaspoons to shape the batter, adding them parchment-lined baking sheets as you go. Gently flatten them down a bit with your hands. (These cookies shouldn't spread much, if at all.)
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree F oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. They should still look a bit doughy when you remove them from the oven, and will solidify as they cool.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet. Use a flat-bottomed metal spatula to move them to a cooling rack or a plate.
FYI, these cookies are 100% gluten-free!