These Strawberry Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies are one of my favorite red, white and blue 4th of July desserts! They’re festive, fun, and super delicious!Red, white and blue 4th of July cookies!
Well, I guess it’s time to be feeling a little patriotic.
I wanted to make something fun for this fun summer holiday. And I wanted it to be a delightful, delicious treat to serve at your party, as well as something that’s super easy for you to bring to any party you’re invited to!
And what’s better than a dessert with fresh fruit in the summertime!?
It also just so happens that these Strawberry Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies are quite pretty, and they’ll add pizazz to any buffet or outdoor barbecue.
They are full of wonderful fruity flavors that are all brought together with the zest of a lemon.
This bit of tang adds bright flavor and makes these Strawberry Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies even more interesting.
I seriously could not stop eating these. It was a problem. A delicious problem.
Can I make them ahead?
I wish I could tell you, you could make these ahead of time, but with the fresh fruit, they are the absolute best the same day they are baked.
Don’t get me wrong, they’re still really good — even after they’re frozen — just better the same day.
What to Serve at a 4th of July Party – Festive, Fun Ideas
4th of July Appetizers
- Cherry Bacon Blueberry Kebabs
- Roasted Poblano Guacamole
- Lemon Strawberry Caprese
- Watermelon Cucumber Salsa
4th of July Main Courses
4th of July Sides
Red, White and Blue Desserts
4th of July Drinks
I hope you love these Strawberry Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies as much as my family and I do.
I really think they will become one of your favorite 4th of July desserts. If not your number one favorite!
Enjoy and have a happy, festive and fun 4th of July!
Strawberry Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup golden brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, washed and dried, cut into a small dice
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter with both sugars, salt, vanilla and lemon zest. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the egg and mix until it's completely blended in.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and mix just until it's incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries, blueberries and white chocolate.
- Use two tablespoons or a 1 1/4-inch cookie scoop to shape the dough, dropping it onto the lined baking sheets as you go, with at least a couple of inches between each one.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
About 20 minutes into the refrigeration time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake until the edges are beginning to turn a golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes on the baking sheet, and then transfer them to a cooling rack, or a plate.