Fire Roasted Corn Recipe with Jalapeños is a fabulous summer side dish, and it’s perfect with almost anything you throw on the grill!I love corn. And it’s no wonder because it’s so very sweet.
As you probably know by now, I have a serious sweet tooth.
As far as I’m concerned if you love cookies, semisweet chocolate, and strawberries at the peak of their season, it only makes sense that you’d love corn.
And you know what makes something sweet even a little “sweeter?” Yup, you got it — spice! Every bite of sweet and spicy is an explosion of deliciousness. Don’t you think?
What is Fire Roasted Corn?
Fire roasted refers to something that has been cooked over an open flame. Fire roasted corn is simply corn that’s been grilled on the barbecue.
Really though, fire roasted is just another way of saying “grilled.” You can also fire-roast food in a broiler or on the stove top burner.
How to Make Fire Roasted Corn Recipe with Jalapeños
This recipe has three simple steps. This is almost too easy to not be making it all the time.
- Grill the corn. This can be done on an indoor, stove top grill, or an outdoor barbecue.
- Remove the charred kernels.
- Mix the corn kernels with the remaining ingredients.
What to Serve with Fire Roasted Corn
This quick and easy corn is the perfect accompaniment to pretty much anything you’ve got on the grill.
More delicious paring ideas:
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Pickled Tomatoes
- Pepper Jack Turkey-pickled Onion Lettuce Tacos
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Pepitas and Honey Chipotle Lime Dressing
Fire Roasted Corn Recipe with Jalapeños
- Once the corn is cool enough to touch, but still warm, cut the kernels off each ear and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.