I truly appreciate your visiting my site! If this looks delicious to you, please subscribe for my occasional emails with more great recipes, to the right of this post. You can also follow what I’m cooking on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter.
One of my absolute favorite flavors in the world (right up there with Nutella and mangoes) is Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. Spicy, smoky, and oh-so-yummy!
This french fry recipe is so flavorful that you really don’t need to dip them in anything. But if you can’t imagine eating fries without a sauce, they’re fabulous with something cool and refreshing, like Raita. Raita is an Indian yogurt sauce, usually made with cucumber. My friend Amee of Rabbit Food Rocks makes a Pomegranate-Squash Raita that is so interesting and delicious — it would be lovely with the heat of the fries.
Smoky Chipotle Parmesan French Fries
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/3 - pounds Idaho Russet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil with the chipotles, Parmesan, paprika, lemon juice and salt, and set it aside.
- Peel, wash, and dry the potatoes. Then, cut them into french fry-sized pieces, about 1/4-inch sticks. Add the potatoes to the bowl with the chipotle mixture and toss them until they're completely coated.
- Spread the sauced potato sticks on a baking sheet in a single layer, and place them in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown and crispy. They should be flipped about half way through the cooking process, with a flat-bottomed metal spatula. Leave them on the baking sheet to cool.
Recipe NotesExactly what are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce? Well, they're smoked jalapeño chiles that are canned in a sauce that typically contains tomato puree, paprika, salt, onions, oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and oregano. And a little goes a long way. It's hot! For less heat, you can just use the sauce and for extra heat be sure you use one of the peppers, and keep a few seeds in there!
Like avocados and french fries? Don't miss out on my Avocado Fries!