Another delightful, delicious holiday hors d’oeuvre recipe! How pretty and festive would this be along with a few of these, for a New Year’s Eve cocktail party?
Just look at how vibrant and beautiful the orange color of the tangerine is! These are Neapolitan (also called Page) Tangerines. These are true gems! They’re seedless, incredibly juicy, rich, and sweet. Neapolitan Tangerines are in season from December through March, and if you don’t see them in stores you can order them here from Melissa’s Produce.
This hors d’oeuvre is quick and easy to prepare and I love the blend of flavors and textures. You could also try this with basil, arugula, mustard greens, watercress, or any other green you’d like. Have fun with it!
- 1 dozen fresh mozzarella balls the size of cherries (or about 4-ounces fresh mozzarella, drained and cut into 1 dozen cubes
- 2 medium-large tangerines, peeled and then cut into 2 dozen bite-sized pieces
- 2 dozen mint leaves, washed and dried
- About 1 teaspoon blackberry jam
- Cayenne pepper
- You will also need 1 dozen small skewers or cocktail toothpicks.
- Gently slide a piece of tangerine on one of the skewers or toothpicks. (The best way to prepare the tangerine is to peel it like THIS, and then cut it into pieces.)
- Carefully add a mint leaf, followed by the mozzarella and a second mint leaf. Slide one more piece of tangerine on after the mint.
- Use a small spoon, or your finger to add a dab of the jam on one side of each piece of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the jam with a dusting of cayenne pepper and serve.
This is not a sponsored post — Melissa’s Produce sent me Neapolitan tangerines for recipe testing, and as always, I only write about products and brands I love.