Packed with flavor, with a soft texture, this Avocado Zucchini Bread Recipe with Olive Oil is so delicious! It would lovely for breakfast, on a brunch buffet, or for an afternoon snack. You know I love avocados, right? I love them with a bit of sea salt and a spoon. I love them in salads, salsas, and sandwiches, too. What’s not to love? They’re rich, creamy, tasty and packed with nutrients.
And lately avocados have been turning up in all sorts of unexpected recipes: brownies, cakes, cookies, to name a few. I didn’t know if I was really sold on this idea. At least I wasn’t until I made this super delicious Avocado Zucchini Bread!
(Oh and I also made scrumptious Double Chocolate Avocado Cookies. You’ll love those, too.)
The avocado creates a wonderfully soft texture to the bread, and it’s fantastic! And I’m learning that bread recipes with olive oil are generally super moist and light.
The avocado and olive oil are the “fat” in this recipe. And guess what — it’s the good kind of fat! Yay! And yum!
Making this bread is a delightful way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. I know, because it’s how I spent mine. 😉 The house smells wonderful, and you’ll have this comforting bread for days . . . for breakfast or brunch, a quick snack, or even for dessert!
And P.S., it is so yummy toasted for about 1 minute under the broiler, and served warm with a bit of butter!
In addition to this awesome Avocado Zucchini Bread Recipe with Olive Oil, here are a few more of my favorite avocado recipes for you to try:
- Avocado Butter
- Avocado Fries with Agave Chipotle Yogurt Dip
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese
- Guacamole with Key Limes and Roasted Cor
- Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
Avocado Zucchini Bread Recipe With Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup very ripe puréed avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon all spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, and prepare 2 (approximately 7-inch) loaf pans by brushing them with a thin coat of olive oil. Set them aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, sugar, vanilla, and puréed avocado. Use a whisk or a fork to mix it until it's very smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix until they are fully incorporated.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and combine.
- Now sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, and stir just until everything is evenly blended. (Do not over mix!)
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, and beginning to crack, about 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pans for about 5 minutes. Use a dull knife to go around the edges of the bread to ensure it's loose, and then cool the bread for at least another 20 minutes on a cooling rack.
Recipe NotesYou can purée the avocado simply by mashing it with a fork until it's smooth. Or, once it's combined with the oil, sugar and vanilla, you can use a hand/immersion blender to purée it.
Looking for more interesting ways to use avocados? You'll love Avocado Butter!