I wouldn’t say that I freak out about germs too much. I mean, believe me, I’m not thrilled when someone nearby lets out a giant sneeze without bothering to contain the blast. And yes, I do wash my hands a few times a day. But I think I’m pretty normal in that department.
However, when it comes to creating recipes with raw eggs, I worry. Or, at least I used to — until I learned about Safest Choice Eggs.
Guess what? If you use Safest Choice Eggs there’s zero chance of salmonella! Zero! Safest Choice Eggs uses a method that pasteurizes raw eggs in their shells, at a low temperature for a long time. These eggs, feel and act like any other raw egg.
To be honest, I’m mostly excited about these eggs because I can now eat cookie dough without worry — and they’re also perfect for using in homemade mayonnaise. Add a little garlic and you get Aioli. Add a garlic and chipotle peppers and get Chipotle Aioli — a creation that will elevate any sandwich to a higher level of deliciousness!
- 1 Safest Choice Egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled with roots cut off and inner stem removed
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons super finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the egg, lemon juice, garlic and half of the olive oil to a blender. Blend until it's thick and then with the blender on a low speed, gradually add the rest of the oil.
- Stir in the chipotles and season to taste with salt and pepper.
(This is not a sponsored post.)
15 minutes ahead: Make the Chipotle Aioli.
This can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.