This Avocado Butter Recipe creates a spread that is incredibly rich, creamy and delicious! It’s excellent in a sandwich, spread on toast or mixed into other dishes.
When I was a kid, I used to literally sneak avocado chunks out of my salad, into my napkin, and sadly, yes . . . into the trash. Can you believe that!? What was I thinking?
These days, I cannot get enough avocado, and I consider them to be a precious culinary treasure.
I love them any which way! On their own (with a touch of salt, of course), in salads and sandwiches, on burgers or chips, in sauces or smoothies . . . and now in butter!
That’s right, today we’re making avocado butter.
And no, this is not a beauty product! Avocados work their way into all sorts of skin care and hair care “butters.”
This however, is an edible, creamy, rich, flavorful spread full of deliciousness!
What is avocado butter?
- Avocado Butter is a compound butter.
- What is a compound butter? Compound butters are butters that have additional flavors or ingredients added to them. Below are a few more of my favorites, and you can get those recipes here.
What can you use avocado butter for?
- Spread it on toast or bagels.
- Melt it on a juicy steak.
- Finish sauces with it.
- Add it to a stir-fry.
- Sauté fish or shrimp in it.
- On grilled corn.
- And the list goes on.
You can use the avocado butter at room temperature, when it’s soft. Or you can roll it into a “log” in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for firm slices.
Did you ever think you could pack nutrients into your butter? Well, that’s exactly what you’re doing when you add avocado!
Are there foods you hated as a kid, that you love now?
It’s hard for me to believe this food I now treasure was one I once didn’t like. Crazy!
A few more tasty avocado recipes . . . .
- Avocado Fries with Agave Chipotle Yogurt Dip
- Citrus Avocado Salsa with Cilantro Whitefish
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese
- Guacamole with Key Limes and Roasted Corn
- Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
- Zucchini-Avocado Bread
- Chocolate Avocado Cake
I hope you enjoy this avocado butter recipe as much as I do!
Avocado Butter Recipe
- 1 approximately (½-pound) avocado (ripe, but not over ripe)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the avocado with the butter until it's super smooth. I use a hand/immersion blender to do this, though with a bit more work you can use a fork. Mix in the lemon juice, cumin and salt. Season to taste with the pepper. (Here's How to Season to Taste)
- You can use the butter at room temperature or you can solidify it in the refrigerator.
Cooking On The Weekends is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.